Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

But being on the wing isn't what has made him as good as he is. I'm sure pep would make it work but still that's not where he plays his best football.
He's better than what we have out wide.

And when Aguero is injured for 20 games a season we have a world class striker through the middle.

What's not to love?

Aye Pep would never spend a lot of money on a striker and then play them out wide. Just ask David Villa, or Thierry Henry

Out of interest, how did he fit Muller and Lewandowski into the Bayern team? I don't watch Bundesliga, but aren't they both strikers?

But being on the wing isn't what has made him as good as he is. I'm sure pep would make it work but still that's not where he plays his best football.

Look at when he.got Henry from Arsenal. Henry never played out wide, but at Barca he did fine on the wing . In Pep we trust

I've said for years that we need to stop buying substitutes to play when Aguero isn't fit and buy a top striker to play with him and who can then fill his boots when he is inevitably injured - whether this guy fits the bill or not, I'm not sure

Out of interest, how did he fit Muller and Lewandowski into the Bayern team? I don't watch Bundesliga, but aren't they both strikers?
He played Muller as the Central AM/Support Forward or out on the right wing.

At City, Pep will do similar with our strikers. I actually think that Pep will be even more flexible at City.
For example Aguero could play out on the left as well (as he often does for Argentina).
Kelchi and Pierre-Emerick could go out to right flank too and Kelchi could play in the hole.
(Assumption = Reversed wingers)

Also Pep's Plan B's often involve going 3 at the back pushing an extra player forward (with one option being two forwards).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.