Pies

The Meat and potato pies they had last season were ace. I hope they have the same this season. Or if not Holland’s pies. I grew up with Holland’s, not that we had them very often, but I still like them. I buy them frozen for when I’m feeling hungry and can’t be bothered cooking anything fresh.
Into the microwave and 7 minutes later, wham, bam eating a pie.
A tip for the next time you come over here.
Frozen Hollands pies, straight from the freezer into an insulated bag will remain frozen for the duration of the flight (including waiting around airports etc.) and be able to be put in the freezer over here.
Just saying ; )

I recommend:

And of course:

All pretty decent I find. Although none are a patch on the plate meat pies my mother used to make.

I honestly think the love in for hollands things/pies is nostalgic. I would go as far as saying they are in the bottom 1% of product's available. Goblin and frey bentos probably have better quality these days . If you live overseas and crave hollands pies you must be mad as I know for a fact they have better in America, Canada, Australia and even Thailand. The pies in Australia at the petrol stations piss on hollands. I would imagine a Australian would refuse to eat a hollands pie . I ain't no snob or vegan crusader but I know a shit pie when I see or taste one . They normally look anemic as if they forgot to turn the oven on . Now the original tittertons pork pies were great .

I honestly think the love in for hollands things/pies is nostalgic. I would go as far as saying they are in the bottom 1% of product's available. Goblin and frey bentos probably have better quality these days . If you live overseas and crave hollands pies you must be mad as I know for a fact they have better in America, Canada, Australia and even Thailand. The pies in Australia at the petrol stations piss on hollands. I would imagine a Australian would refuse to eat a hollands pie . I ain't no snob or vegan crusader but I know a shit pie when I see or taste one . They normally look anemic as if they forgot to turn the oven on . Now the original tittertons pork pies were great .

Had a Hollands Meat Pie a while back and it was fucking awful. Buy yourself a pie maker, some ready roll pastry and put a filling of your choice in. Pisses on anything Hollands have put their name to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.