Pitch Invasion?

It so small time doing a pitch invasion, leave it to Championship teams and League 1 teams!

bluetonium said:
Whilst I can understand the emotion of a pitch invasion, the final whistle hopefully will not be the end of the show. A presentation and lap of honour, at least the latter, should follow, so keep the pitch clear I say. Not to mention the compulsory drowning of the gaffer in champagne. Or should that be Prosciutto?

Personally, I hope the club is working on a little mini show too. Fireworks, maybe a short vid for the screens of the past 30 years, starting with the last league win and showing the relegations, the Pollock own goal, Luton relegating us etc etc... and then on to Dickov and Wembley, Blackburn away, changing owners, winning the FA Cup and then live to the pitch as the players start their lap of honour. As long as we actually do win the bloody thing!

Speaking of the trophy itself, wonder what the FA plan is? Keep it at a half way point until half time and hope somebody is winning? Have it at CoMS unless it look like it's going tits up? I presume they have to present it to the winners on Sunday no matter what, but I was hoping the Sheikh would have the helipad reserved for himself.
Why dyu want to cover Bobby in HAM FFS?
Drown him in Prosecco by all means but ham wtf??<br /><br />-- Wed May 09, 2012 12:48 pm --<br /><br />
lancs blue said:
PaulPowerShower said:
bluebannana said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyroRRtAOjY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTh_WDFPaSo[/youtube]

why the fuck shouldnt we ;)

Brilliant.....thats whats it's all about....Im not even arsed about going on the pitch but there are some seriously miserable fuckers on here....."Dont spoil it for everyone else"..."we want to see a victory lap"

A polite ripple of appreciation followed by a "hip hip hooray" and a "for he's a jolly good fellow" will suffice
We had better win it first- !!

Watch the Blackburn one and see The Goat singing BlueMoon with his head stuck in a fans armpit.....Or the Wigan one with Weaver getting hoisted up with a massive grin on his face and everyone enjoying themselves....

How have we gone from fanatics to dour grumpy anoraks in 10 years...??

Feed the Goat
Starve the Geek

You're totally missing the point. In those invasions and the one at Bradford and against Charlton there was no trophy to present so a celebratory invasion didn't spoil anything. It's a totally different matter when we've got a trophy to be presented and a lap of honour by the players. Did we invade the pitch when we won the Championship under KK? No, there was a presentation of the trophy and a lap of honour. Why ruin it for everyone else on Sunday, this is the club's biggest day for 44 years and like may others I want to savour it.

IF we win it shouldn't be done if it means they won't be able to lift the trophy. I can't see everyone running on then going back to their seats in a nice orderly way to watch them lift it. Everyone just stay in their seats, celebrate in the stands and then have a big party afterwards. I'm sure if we do win it the club will put on another parade/homecoming like last year for us to celebrate again.

No matter what gets said on here though, some people will want to do it.

Re: Pitch Invasion ?

bugsyblue said:
I know it doesn't quite work like this but theoretically, are you telling me you (including those on tiers 2 & 3) wouldn't want to see a few thousand fans invade the pitch and celebrate with the players in mass hysteria and then leave the pitch after five minutes to see the trophy brought out and a lap of honour?

And to those people who are now claiming pitch invasions are a ‘championship’ thing – get a grip! You’re sounded like those arrogant nobs over the road!

could'nt have put it better myself, i often wonder wether half the people on here are actually me mam

Re: Pitch Invasion ?

the kippax kid said:
bugsyblue said:
I know it doesn't quite work like this but theoretically, are you telling me you (including those on tiers 2 & 3) wouldn't want to see a few thousand fans invade the pitch and celebrate with the players in mass hysteria and then leave the pitch after five minutes to see the trophy brought out and a lap of honour?

And to those people who are now claiming pitch invasions are a ‘championship’ thing – get a grip! You’re sounded like those arrogant nobs over the road!

could'nt have put it better myself, i often wonder wether half the people on here are actually me mam

It wouldn't happen like that though, would it? A mass pitch invasion and they'll cancel the presentation and lap of honour on "safety" grounds, that's what would happen. Use a bit of common sense FFS.

I hate fake plastic podiums, ticker tape blasting into the air, all the players in a line looking at each other waiting the nod so they can start to pogo up and down whilst holding a Barclays league winners banner, flag, t-shirt etc. I hate them being pulled all over to have photos and I hate when they bring their kids and wives onto the pitch.

Fucking go mental and celebrate with your fans and do what comes spontaneous, its called passion and what makes football the great game it is.

It won't happen though and so i'll look forward to watching the likes of De Jong and Tevez holding their kids hands and politely clapping as they do a lap of honour. I'll stand politely clapping back after we've been allowed our mad 10 minutes straight after the final whistle but then be expected to restrain ourselves, reign 44 years back in and be all adult and mature like.

I remember watching Chelsea when they won their first FA Cup in years just going daft with the fans and refusing to leave the pitch, a bit like ourselves at Wembley last season.

Forget the pitch. We should all head from the stadium ( including those without tickets) and invade the city centre.

Can somebody explain to me WHY you think it is more enjoyable to run on the pitch and celebrate rather than stay in their allocated seating area and celebrate with the fans around them?

Do you think the players or Managerial team will appreciate it more ?

Do you think the Groundstaff will appreciate it ?

Do you think it will endear us to anybody in the Media or the FA ?

Do you think our medical teams will be happy if they have to deal anybody injured in the rush ?

Do you think fellow blues who do not go on the pitch will look and admire your antics ?

Do you think City will be happy that you have broken their Ground regulations ?

IN SIMPLE TERMS IF YOU CARE ABOUT MCFC AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH CITY - THEN THINK ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS, STOP BEING SELFISH, AND STAY OFF THE PITCH AND CELEBRATE LIKE MAD IN YOUR OWN STAND !!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.