Pitch Invasion?

At the end of the day the club must be happy with it happening, as they would have come up with something more robust at stopping it after so many years of witnessing it, not just making a half hearted attempt at stopping it with a load of orange coats pegged out on a line around the perimeter.

At the end of the day the club must be happy with it happening, as they would have come up with something more robust at stopping it after so many years of witnessing it, not just making a half hearted attempt at stopping it with a load of orange coats pegged out on a line around the perimeter.
I doubt they’re happy about it, but are just handling it in the best way to avoid anyone getting injured or fights breaking out.

Like others have said, it would be nice to have seen the players’ reactions at the whistle rather than watch them legging it to safety.

For me the invasion yesterday summed up large elements of society. Selfish and more arsed about themselves and a pic they can stick online. Anyone who truly respected the lads achievement would’ve allowed them time to enjoy the moment when the whistle went as opposed to having to flee for their safety from a load of dickheads. I’m very proud of how the club and players conduct themselves as a rule, our players don’t talk shite in interviews like TAA et al. They don’t respond to pundits jibes and we allow journalists to write bollocks all the while maintaining our dignity. We are a club who is belittled but behave properly. Yesterday’s antics were small time and embarrassing. Nowt to do with being boring etc just wanted to see the players I love get to enjoy a special historic event.
I’d actually like that myself but let’s look at most home games. The amount of people who fuck off before the final whistle and leave the players applauding empty stands must make them think why bother.

That is embarrassing and small time

The pitch invasion don’t bother me in itself, get on there, kiss the turf, celebrate - the bit with the hammers fans (who were fucking excellent yesterday) was great - but folk sliding on their knees filming themselves and doing social media shit need a proper slap - how many were at their first game of the season I wonder. Also the few who wanted to keep being chased by the stewards at the end rather than get off once it was time to get off should have a little word with themselves, do it once, have a laugh - don’t push it.

Otherwise it was over and done quick enough.

It's ok to go on the pitch to take the adulation for yourself. But you also have to admit to your own narcissistic tendencies if you are one of those people, especially when the club have specifically and repeatedly asked you not to do it. You are making the occasion about yourself, rather than about the people who put the actual real work in.

Pep's face at the final whistle said it all for me.

Attending football matches is not about you. It's about supporting the team and respecting them enough to give them their moment to celebrate history as it is made. The stands is where we are supposed to celebrate.

For me the invasion yesterday summed up large elements of society. Selfish and more arsed about themselves and a pic they can stick online. Anyone who truly respected the lads achievement would’ve allowed them time to enjoy the moment when the whistle went as opposed to having to flee for their safety from a load of dickheads. I’m very proud of how the club and players conduct themselves as a rule, our players don’t talk shite in interviews like TAA et al. They don’t respond to pundits jibes and we allow journalists to write bollocks all the while maintaining our dignity. We are a club who is belittled but behave properly. Yesterday’s antics were small time and embarrassing. Nowt to do with being boring etc just wanted to see the players I love get to enjoy a special historic event.
Exactly right.

It was the players’ achievement, and they should have been allowed to celebrate it properly on the pitch with their teammates, as they wish, rather than having to flee the pitch for their own safety.

Unfortunately a large section of society can no longer respect things like that, and they simply do as they please.

As for the people on the pitch before the final whistle, did they really think they were helping the team by doing that?

I’d actually like that myself but let’s look at most home games. The amount of people who fuck off before the final whistle and leave the players applauding empty stands must make them think why bother.

That is embarrassing and small time
Agree, we can't just pick the big one to stay behind then complain that they don't get their way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.