Pitch Invasion?

The final whistle made them desperate for water

Were they ok in the 89th minute
Funny ****, we had 6 bottles of water which were finished by 60th minute, no options to buy water from that point onwards and the 45 minute delay for the trophy presentation was 25 minutes longer than it should've been. Should've kept the bars open so people could buy water

I’ve not a lot of time for David Moyes but the expression on his face was of a scared man when the marauding hoards rushed at him and the players. Not so much for himself but for his players.
In one sense I understand the euphoria but just applaud the teams, let them enjoy their success. How can they enjoy it when you’ve got people grabbing at you and trying to jump on your back etc.
As for the people lining their little kids and I mean little 6/7 yr old and younger ready to climb over the barrier 4 minutes before the end no, no, no. A 15 stone alleged grown up running to get on the pitch is not taking notice of a little kid they are just another object to be pushed out of the way. That child could get hurt.
As people were going back off there was one little lad absolutely bewildered, looking round for his appropriate ‘adult’ and just turning round and round nearly in tears. A member of City staff was obviously asking him where he’d come on from or who he was looking for and he had no idea poor kid.

What if someone had said to that child come on I’ll take you to your Dad/Mum whatever and just gone off with them?
What if someone in that crowd had had a weapon of some sort and injured someone?

Sorry, I’ve lived too long to think that couldn’t happen in a situation like that. Let the players celebrate on the pitch where we can see them without fear or favour.
JMHO

Didn't go on the pitch myself, but have done in the past and have no issue with those that did yesterday. Didn't feel like the club were bothered either, as the stewards weren't making any attempt to stop people. It's relatively harmless fun, and become something of a tradition. The pitch was cleared fairly quickly so it didn't really hold the presentation up by much.

Don't worry.

Those 'moaning again' only have to wait another year and another season until a pitch invasion happens again. :-)
That's the positive

The youngest pitch invader running North stand direction with father running to catch her after the pitch was cleared was funny.
She must have waited until the pitch cleared and thought I'm having some of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.