Pitch Invasion?

They stopped a pitch invasion V Southampton last game at Maine Road.

Double line of police and stewards and no fucking about.

The nobheads who went on before the final whistle need banning for life as well as the ones farting around at the very end running away from stewards etc

Love pitch invasions but not that one on Sunday.

Goons.

The old guy beside us left aswell as his wife was sick at home, said it's unfair to keep her at home fro an extra hour
Sorry mate…
He’s an early leaver according to the ‘super fans’ on here. There are NO excuses or mitigating circumstances for leaving early. None. He is now ‘a fan and not a supporter’. He’s done.

How long would you ban them for? That's not me saying itshould be life btw.

There was a poster here that got banned for running on during the villa game, had a sincere account of it then. Anyone remember how long he got? He felt he was made an example of.
Think it was 5 years and £2000 fine, he stupidly represented himself though.
If any of the idiots who ran on the pitch do have their day in court then they’d be stupid to make the same mistake

Loved it me. As others have said, the suits at City continue to ignore us and screw us for as much as they can get.
Great to see the fans give one big "Fck off" to them and I hope they remember that this is still OUR club.
But the big”Fck off “ was to all the fans who had to wait to see OUR players raise the trophy. This viewpoint that you & others keep peddling is just to give you an excuse to do it. You don’t REALLY care about the club or even what the “suits” are supposedly doing. Doubt you even know them.

Not sure about banning the first fifty, but I can't see a problem with banning those that were over the hoardings while the game was still in progress. Followed by a ban for those that are still on the pitch after a pre-announced time say five or ten minutes.
Too many - how do you identify & catch them? Afraid the only answer is to erect some sort of fencing - regrettably

They stopped a pitch invasion V Southampton last game at Maine Road.

Double line of police and stewards and no fucking about.

The nobheads who went on before the final whistle need banning for life as well as the ones farting around at the very end running away from stewards etc

Love pitch invasions but not that one on Sunday.

Goons.

Yes it was infuriating. No real blue would delay us winning the title, or put it in jeopardy, by behaving like an utter ****. Self, self self. They had to be a mixture of YouTubers, new fans and tourists.

This has been a fun read. I guarantee 99% of the people complaining don't sit in level 1 ;)

Just to call out a few myths, this crap about the players didn't get to celebrate and have to head straight down the tunnel. I guarantee there wouldn't be much more than a few cheers before they headed down the tunnel anyway. The stage would be getting set up so they are probably instructed to get straight off. That being said why do blues begrudge other blues that chance to do something a bit different and enjoy the moment. I agree nobody should enter the field when the game is still playing and that was down to poor stewarding but the cub absolutely love the pitch invasion. They send the club photographers on the pitch to capture it and because of all the crap of having no fans and no passion, I believe the club enjoy it as long as it is carried out safely. They have to be seen to trying to stop it with the announcements but if they genuinely didn't want it to happen then they would do a lot more to stop it. Look at Wembley and how they combat this issue, very easily done.

It delays the trophy lift - and? For those sat in south level 1 or certainly lower down it's a complete circus anyway. The hundreds and hundreds of media there blocking the view of the fans was a farce yesterday. I don't pay for a season ticket to have to watch the screen when they lift it. At least with the invasion them fans who were blocked from watching our team lift the cup got to have a bit of their own fun.

I have read people calling it selfish? Were you selfish at Blackburn? Were you selfish at home to Birmingham? No, it was fun for the fans, is it not selfish that you want proceedings hurried up because you are too posh to sit on the first tier? It is in our identity to celebrate on the pitch, it's been claimed we don't are and are bored of winning. Not a chance. You can equally not like the invasion and think it is smalltime or whatever you want. Calling for bans and blues to be punched in the face suggest you are more of a problem than anything else though.
Awww. That's a nice essay. Pity you don’t REALLY believe it

Have just been trying to remember all the pitch invasions in my life time (Born 83, first match 88), I'm sure there was many before this (Newcastle away 68, Old Trafford 74 after Laws goal but that might have been them?) but 40 years plus seems a good chunk of time

1985 v Charlton Promotion (during the game after the first couple of goals and after the match)
1989 v Bradford Promotion (Away)
1993 v Spurs (I assume we just wanted to celebrate that Terry Phelan goal!)
1999 v Wigan Play Off Semi
2000 v Birmingham last home game of the season, nearly up (went too soon on this one)
2000 v Blackburn Promotion (Away)
2012 v QPR Aguerooooooooo
2014 v West Ham - Champions on last day
2018 v Swansea - 1st game after we'd been crowned Champions
2022 v Villa - Champions on last day
2023 v Chelsea - 1st game after being crowned Champions/last home game
2024 v West Ham - Champions on last day

Any more to add? Was there one v Chelsea last game of the 2000/2001 Season when we got relegated that stopped the match early, possible because of fighting?
Cant believe you’ve looked all that up just to justify a pitch invasion

I saw a load of people from different demographics the young and old male and female. They weren't all overweight by any stretch of the imagination.

Fuck me we've got some milk monitors on here.
Funny really how those that like to invade the pitch think they’re the fun smart guys & label those that don’t as “milk monitors”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.