Pitch Invasion?

I remember that. I think there were two, one ran onto the pitch and one got caught going over the barrier but didn't get onto the pitch. Both of those were spontaneous after we'd scored if I remember rightly. On Sunday they were just entitled wankers strolling onto the pitch while the game was still in progress taking pics and selfies. I've been going to games for 50+ years and never seen behaviour like that before.

And the guy taking the corner flag.

People are jumping on those focusing on them in some weird 'oh live a little' defence, but they could well have resulted in the game being abandoned, a more terse referee would have done it too. Or the players being so focused on getting them off the pitch that we concede a daft goal, to make the last few minutes unnecessarily bitter.

They need banned, it is as simple as that. The club need to be consistent, firm, and clear with this, otherwise more people will take the piss. I felt for the posters at the villa game, but if that is the stance, the club need to stick with it.

The pitch invasion After the final whistle, no issues with that, celebrate to your heart's delight (without mounting the players for a forced selfie).

People are jumping on those focusing on them in some weird 'oh live a little' defence, but they could well have resulted in the game being abandoned, a more terse referee would have done it too. Or the players being so focused on getting them off the pitch that we concede a daft goal, to make the last few minutes unnecessarily bitter.

They need banned, it is as simple as that. The club need to be consistent, firm, and clear with this, otherwise more people will take the piss. I felt for the posters at the villa game, but if that is the stance, the club need to stick with it.

The pitch invasion After the final whistle, no issues with that, celebrate to your heart's delight (without mounting the players for a forced selfie).

Yes absolutely no defence for that behaviour on Sunday. A few were fronting up to fans telling them to get off, others just carrying on fucking about taking pics. I'll bet a few were YouTubers who don't even support the club. It's behaviour that's creeping in more and more these days, entitled fuckers thinking they can do what they want to the detriment of everybody else. I hope the club identify all of them and ban if not prosecute them.

The issue is separating the two things, those doing the “traditional” walk-on and those who push the boundaries. @Eccles Blue mentioned how people started queuing to get on the pitch way before the end of the game, blocking the view of hers and others, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the initial queuers were not intent on forcing their way on before the whistle, but then what happens is the stupid, the pissed and the arseholes then see what’s happening, join in and misinterpret things. If there’s any organisation that would love City to mess up their own title win by allowing a referee to abandon a game and risk having it awarded to the opposition, then the PL are it and we don’t need to be giving them ammunition.

There's a difference between the usual dickheads invading the pitch after the whistle and absolute bellends getting onto the grass before the final whistle. That was truly embarrassing and every one of them, men, women, child, theys, etc should be identified and banned for life.

I'd be interested to know at what point the league would step in and issue a points deduction for a serious charge of not being able to control fans. Then these wankers would be blaming everyone else but themselves for city losing a title.
Has an EFL or PL club ever had a points deduction for failing to control fans?
The PL could announce a potential points deduction before the final game but I don't think they can apply one after the event.
Meanwhile, does Wembley have medically trained stewards who can treat fans suffering from an overdose of enthusiasm and excitement? I'm worried some might internally combust if we beat the rags and they can't invade the pitch.

Yes absolutely no defence for that behaviour on Sunday. A few were fronting up to fans telling them to get off, others just carrying on fucking about taking pics. I'll bet a few were YouTubers who don't even support the club. It's behaviour that's creeping in more and more these days, entitled fuckers thinking they can do what they want to the detriment of everybody else. I hope the club identify all of them and ban if not prosecute them.
Well if they want to identify them they can as Match of the day posted a great pic of Haaland confronting them.

its not possible to stop that number of fans invading the pitch - even if we had police as well as double the number of stewards.
We’ll have to have temporary fencing for the last game of the season. There must be something that can be installed.

As for the club being punished again despite their best efforts to control fans - we should raise the issue of Utd fans demonstrating to such a degree that their game against Liverpool was postponed. WHY was no action taken against that particular club for not controlling their fans - they knew a demonstration was planned

These double standards have GOT TO BE CHALLENGED.

its not possible to stop that number of fans invading the pitch - even if we had police as well as double the number of stewards.
We’ll have to have temporary fencing for the last game of the season. There must be something that can be installed.

As for the club being punished again despite their best efforts to control fans - we should raise the issue of Utd fans demonstrating to such a degree that their game against Liverpool was postponed. WHY was no action taken against that particular club for not controlling their fans - they knew a demonstration was planned

These double standards have GOT TO BE CHALLENGED.

I'm sure it was during covid restrictions too so doubly illegal. I cannot believe it was brushed under the carpet and nobody mentioned it since.

I'm sure it was during covid restrictions too so doubly illegal. I cannot believe it was brushed under the carpet and nobody mentioned it since.
It’s unbelievable. It’s never mentioned in the media. Who or what is telling them to keep it quiet & out of the news? It really stinks.
How can we fans raise the matter & make a formal complaint when our pitch invasion starts to be investigated? There must be someone in the media that can help. We seem so helpless to do anything & the red top clubs just get away with murder.

It’s unbelievable. It’s never mentioned in the media. Who or what is telling them to keep it quiet & out of the news? It really stinks.
How can we fans raise the matter & make a formal complaint when our pitch invasion starts to be investigated? There must be someone in the media that can help. We seem so helpless to do anything & the red top clubs just get away with murder.

It was quite an important game as well regarding the title if I remember well. A good natured celebratory pitch invasion, or a malicious ground invasion when fans were banned to get a game deliberately abandoned. Guess which they'll punish?

Reactions: CC1
It was quite an important game as well regarding the title if I remember well. A good natured celebratory pitch invasion, or a malicious ground invasion when fans were banned to get a game deliberately abandoned. Guess which they'll punish?
Always the same. I just don’t get why other clubs don’t see what’s going on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.