Pitch Invasion?

Funny really how those that like to invade the pitch think they’re the fun smart guys & label those that don’t as “milk monitors”.
Don't forget that no matter what you've done for thrills and excitement throughout your life and whatever you've achieved, the capstone is a pitch invasion. Always remember this.

How long would you ban them for? That's not me saying itshould be life btw.

There was a poster here that got banned for running on during the villa game, had a sincere account of it then. Anyone remember how long he got? He felt he was made an example of.

The idiots who ran on the pitch before the final whistle should face a punishment, a ban for a period of years? Mental. It all went quiet on the boxer who jumped on Haaland after scoring didn't it. I wonder why, if anybody knows what punishment he got then lets work it out from there. That was someone who dived on the back of our most prized asset, entering the field of play.

Have just been trying to remember all the pitch invasions in my life time (Born 83, first match 88), I'm sure there was many before this (Newcastle away 68, Old Trafford 74 after Laws goal but that might have been them?) but 40 years plus seems a good chunk of time

1985 v Charlton Promotion (during the game after the first couple of goals and after the match)
1989 v Bradford Promotion (Away)
1993 v Spurs (I assume we just wanted to celebrate that Terry Phelan goal!)
1999 v Wigan Play Off Semi
2000 v Birmingham last home game of the season, nearly up (went too soon on this one)
2000 v Blackburn Promotion (Away)
2012 v QPR Aguerooooooooo
2014 v West Ham - Champions on last day
2018 v Swansea - 1st game after we'd been crowned Champions
2022 v Villa - Champions on last day
2023 v Chelsea - 1st game after being crowned Champions/last home game
2024 v West Ham - Champions on last day

Any more to add? Was there one v Chelsea last game of the 2000/2001 Season when we got relegated that stopped the match early, possible because of fighting?
The 2001 Chelsea one: the club did a banner at the start of the game "best fans in the land and all the world " or something. If I remember right it was last game of the season and we went on pitch as usual ...people nicking turf etc. Next loads started throwing turf and later horse shit I think at Chelsea and then all hell broke loose in the North stand.

Last edited:
I remember that. I think there were two, one ran onto the pitch and one got caught going over the barrier but didn't get onto the pitch. Both of those were spontaneous after we'd scored if I remember rightly. On Sunday they were just entitled wankers strolling onto the pitch while the game was still in progress taking pics and selfies. I've been going to games for 50+ years and never seen behaviour like that before.
A handful of idiots in a corner, with some entering a small part of the pitch, and one tit grabbing the corner flag is the worst thing you have seen? You have done really well in 50+years.

And the guy taking the corner flag.

People are jumping on those focusing on them in some weird 'oh live a little' defence, but they could well have resulted in the game being abandoned, a more terse referee would have done it too. Or the players being so focused on getting them off the pitch that we concede a daft goal, to make the last few minutes unnecessarily bitter.

They need banned, it is as simple as that. The club need to be consistent, firm, and clear with this, otherwise more people will take the piss. I felt for the posters at the villa game, but if that is the stance, the club need to stick with it.

The pitch invasion After the final whistle, no issues with that, celebrate to your heart's delight (without mounting the players for a forced selfie).

If you can show me where any game has been abandoned where a handful of idiots entered the corner of the pitch then I will be on your side. You won't so stop going over the top. We won a league, nothing bad happened lets move on.

Funny really how those that like to invade the pitch think they’re the fun smart guys & label those that don’t as “milk monitors”.

How to reveal you're an old fucker without stating your age. Milk monitors lol. Nobody under fifty at least will have a clue what they are.

A handful of idiots in a corner, with some entering a small part of the pitch, and one tit grabbing the corner flag is the worst thing you have seen? You have done really well in 50+years. (Quote)

I didn't say it was the worst thing I've seen in over 50 years did I smartarse? I said I've not seen BEHAVIOUR like that. To clarify it again by behaviour I mean dicks wandering onto the pitch taking selfies and doing knee slides while the game was in progress. I've never seen it. It was entitled bollocks. I hope every one of them gets prosecuted and banned.

Reactions: CC1
Be surprised if we don't receive some level of fine after last years (over hyped) incident with the Villa goalkeeper. The club has a responsibility for the safety of the players and officials and, whilst that sounds boring and dry, it's a matter of fact. There was a noticeable increase in the number of pitch side stewards but they are severely restricted in what they can do to prevent so many people entering the pitch. Not sure what else the club can do to prevent it happening, it's not something I personally 'get' but it seems to appeal to some, some of whom will no doubt have been caught on CCTV and may well get a banning order if only to demonstrate the club is making an effort to enforce the rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.