Pitch invasion

Brilliant pitch invasion. If Oliver did his job correctly and used common sense to book him early and de-escalate the situation then Olsen wouldn't have been "attacked". Not condoning it, shouldn't be happening, but the referee's actions have a direct impact on fan behaviour. The biggest hit in the "assault" was a drunk fan holding a phone who accidentally collides with Olsen FFS.

Loved the flares, well done everyone who brought them into the ground and outside before the game, really added to the atmosphere. Fans did the club proud yesterday, stuck with the lads even at 2-0 down and I think that's the loudest I've ever heard the Emptihad when we got the 2nd and 3rd.

God there’s a load of mood hoovers in this thread.

We have just completed the second greatest final-day-comeback in Premier League history.

Fans are obviously going to run on the pitch and celebrate. I thought the scenes were glorious.
Same here. I think are listening to a hate filled media who are eager to to talk about this rather than our achievements. Its the way they work. If we hadnt gone onto the pitch they would have been talking about golf instead.

And in all reason, 0-2 down to 3-2 up in the last fifteen minutes is bound to get emotions running high.

Talk sport dedicated their whole coverage this morning to City's fan problems, "disgusting scenes", "embarrasing the club, should be ashamed".... Nothing about the football in the hour I listened to.

so for that reason, to that dickhead who hit their keeper, from the rest of City fans do one, go support lfc you knobhead. You've given the media the reason to pile more hate on us.

To the media.... drink it in, you can cry about it as much as you want, but we drink your tears

Brilliant pitch invasion. If Oliver did his job correctly and used common sense to book him early and de-escalate the situation then Olsen wouldn't have been "attacked". Not condoning it, shouldn't be happening, but the referee's actions have a direct impact on fan behaviour. The biggest hit in the "assault" was a drunk fan holding a phone who accidentally collides with Olsen FFS.

Loved the flares, well done everyone who brought them into the ground and outside before the game, really added to the atmosphere. Fans did the club proud yesterday, stuck with the lads even at 2-0 down and I think that's the loudest I've ever heard the Emptihad when we got the 2nd and 3rd.
You just condoned it tbh. ANY decision on the field of play is never an excuse for assault or whatever it was,.

do you apply that to the fans that ran on the pitch in the 60s or the play off season final, Blackburn game?
We're talking mainly about criminal offences of assault and damage to property here.

Laws relating to pitch encroachment etc have changed over the years. It's a simple matter of being unable to fix stupid.

You're trying to defend the indefensible. Assault is assault. Those involved should be locked up and banned for life. Criminal damage is criminal damage. Those involved should be prosecuted and banned for life.

To me last match of the season, if you want to go on the pitch after winning the league and celebrate with other like minded fans then fine.
The issue is some people have no self control, give em a yard and they take a mile.
What was the wrecking the goalposts all about, just brazen stupidity. As for our players or the oppositions just leave them alone, nobody wants to be jumped on by a pissed up idiot, particularly after you have run your balls off for 90+ mins.

You just condoned it tbh. ANY decision on the field of play is never an excuse for assault or whatever it was,.
Agreed. Anyone who assaults another person is a complete cretin.

We don’t live in a perfect world though. These wankers do exist. Olsen was constantly winding us fans up and created a rod for his own back. He put a target on himself for said idiots.

It’s not right, but if you spend 90 minutes baiting a powder keg of a crowd, it’s hardly a shock that one or two idiots try and go for you. That’s just the world we live in.

Hopefully the morons are caught, banned and dealt with by the police.

I can take or leave going onto the pitch but once it happened yesterday I went on as there were already thousands on and it would be ten minutes or so before they got off.

Out of interest do you go to games? Not having a pop just a genuine question. When you are at a game you are caught up in the emotion and tension of it all. Add to that the crowd mentality that people get caught up in and after such a tension riddled game it's just a release of all that emotion.I've not gone onto a pitch before and I've gone onto the pitch too and in my own experience I feel better after doing it. You're free from the constraints of the stands, you can run about, scream, get all the pent up tension out and replace it with pure joy. You smell the grass, breath in the fresh air and just feel better. Then you calm down, compose yourself, go back into the stands and politely watch the presentation.

The one pitch invasion I didn't understand was the one where we'd already had one a few days before after winning the league early, then people went on again in the final game. That one was just bizarre.
Don't miss a game, SSL 3. Run about, smell grass, scream? It's a conscious decision to charge down stairs, jump barriers and hoardings, push staff out of the way etc. that you've probably been mulling over for a while, not reactionary like when a goal flies in. Don't see the need for it, bit small time to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.