Pitch invasion

If the players wanted you on the pitch they’d have said so. It’s fucking small time, and yeah times have changed, we’ve had players assaulted as recently as the last week. Fans taunting opposition players, hitting opposition players, look at me dickheads breaking the goal, frankly it’s fucking pathetic

have the players ever come out and stated they want fans to pitch invade. That hasn’t happened nor will it ever. Why would they?

We must be small time then.

your other points are separate to what I’m talking about. Pitch invasions are great. Assaulting players and causing damage obviously isnt

In the current climate, invading on the pitch is f*cking stupid

You're all going to get the bloody nets, cages, perspex sheets return because you simply can't f*cking behave

And the dickhead who twatted the VIlla keeper deserves the book thrown at him - and should be sh**ting himself after what's happened to the guy he did Billy Sharp a few days ago

We're talking mainly about criminal offences of assault and damage to property here.

Laws relating to pitch encroachment etc have changed over the years. It's a simple matter of being unable to fix stupid.

You're trying to defend the indefensible. Assault is assault. Those involved should be locked up and banned for life. Criminal damage is criminal damage. Those involved should be prosecuted and banned for life.

im defending the pitch invasion. Not assaults or criminal damage.

you’ll be banning thousands of fans/ half of level 1.

You just condoned it tbh. ANY decision on the field of play is never an excuse for assault or whatever it was,.

It's never an excuse, no. Not all of society or football fans are civilised though mate, every club has its animals. Look at both Forest and Huddersfield last week. Both neanderthal cities and towns with a nasty undercurrent, both with unprovoked serious assaults on innocent bystanders.

The referees at the top level have no idea just how much responsibility they have. Their actions have a direct impact on fan behaviour, they are paid a lot of money for a 2 day working week. I've worked in high pressure environments, your quick decision making and dispute resolution skills must be spot on and unfortunately we've seen that Michael Oliver lets himself down on the big occasion more often than not.

Anyone making any comparison at all of that minor incident with the Villa keeper with the Forest fan nutting Billy Sharp clearly has an agenda. Even Villa themselves weren't sure it was a deliberate dig. It was only Slippy G who called it an assault, and he should really know what an assault is after his little incident in Southport in 2008.

Might I add, let's take it as a positive that Coutinho was substituted by the full time whistle, enabling him to leave down the tunnel quickly or I feel we'd be looking at an even worse headline today. Cracking player, cracking goal, but when you incite fans you can standby for what happens to you. Same if I got in someone's face and goaded them on the street, expect to be put on your backside and have no complaints. You can't have your cake and eat it in life.

have the players ever come out and stated they want fans to pitch invade. That hasn’t happened nor will it ever. Why would they?

We must be small time then.

your other points are separate to what I’m talking about. Pitch invasions are great. Assaulting players and causing damage obviously isnt
Any ideas how you allow the first without ensuring the second and third things don't happen ?

Is it though?
Yeah!

Never done it myself (I've sat on the 2nd tier since 2003) but it's a great visual spectacle and captures a lot of the wonderful feelings football can give you. It fills you up with so much emotion that you want to burst, and you can't really express it in any clear, articulate way, so you just run as fast and as far as you can. Like a child. It's a beautiful human reaction to complete chaos. In a crowd of thousands you'll always get a couple of dickheads who want to make it about themselves or want to push the opposition goalkeeper, but 99.9% of the crowd just wanted to sprint into an empty space and shout a bit. No harm in that.

Pitch invasions have been a thing in British sport since the 60s. Possibly before. No idea why this last week has suddenly turned half the country against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.