Pitch invasion

I have to disagree with the keeper being a shit
He got pushed totally wrong however the biggest thing he did for me was pick up the blue flares some moron threw on the pitch at 2 each when we were desperate for a winner
He could’ve easily left the flare there and wasted time
But he tossed it aside thanks Robin Olsen

Fair enough, he did us a favour picking up the flare. It was an idiotic thing to do, throwing a smoke bomb on a pitch at 2-2. He did take the p*ss with time wasting in other parts of the game. He only stopped when Oliver mentioned a yellow for the next occasion he time wastes.

I did mention nobody should have touched him.

Can't remember his exact words... but something along the lines of saying "simply the word invasion is appalling, similar to how everybody is appalled by the russian invasion of ukraine"

Just putting the two events in the same sentence is staggering
He’s a complete tosser Jordan.

One of those who’s progressively got worse in his criticism.

Any parent who let's their 10 year old kid jump up and down on the crossbar until it breaks is a bit of a wrongun.
Just so they can show their dim-witted mates the video of it whilst saying ‘ey, look what our *insert chavvy kids name here* did. Mint innit’.

I feel like a right moaning old bugger for saying it, and going on the pitch is kind of expected on such big occasions, but in the current climate you'd have to be crazy to go onto the pitch in such a manner. Trouble is after yesterday's rollercoaster, many of us were mentally gone.

The expectation is that anyone who goes onto the pitch, after the recent attacks etc, is that you will be banned, and you risk a trumped up aggravated charge, implications for your job and personal life.

I can't see any real connection with Olsen and I'm not sure what he is complaining about, maybe it happened just before the video or he just found the whole atmosphere a bit scary, but if footballers will claim injury as easily as they go down in a game, then it's inviting risk to go anywhere near them.

Personally I didn't enjoy the scenes myself, Laporte and others being dragged every way they can, and I can see how it's not a comfortable moment for players on either side. It's hardly celebratory for the lads themselves.

The issue is that it's an outpouring of emotion from the fans, and to be frank it's one of those things that shouldn't be done but always is, and mostly they look the other way. Only way to change that is impose bans which affect the team or fans themselves and personally I think that is coming now.
That’s a balanced view mate, but Olsen shouldn’t have been touched, he shouldn’t have been in a position where someone could assault him. I note that 2 blokes have been charged, and neither of them for assaulting Olsen, again why put themselves in that position?

He obviously didn't fake being hit, why would he? For what reason?

It's surprisingly easy to run onto a pitch without being aggressive to a player. I hope they get a considerable ban
Along with anyone who was on that crossbar. Really needless that. I don’t know what people are thinking at times. Absolute shit for brains some of em.
Fair enough, he did us a favour picking up the flare. It was an idiotic thing to do, throwing a smoke bomb on a pitch at 2-2. He did take the p*ss with time wasting in other parts of the game. He only stopped when Oliver mentioned a yellow for the next occasion he time wastes.

I did mention nobody should have touched him.
That smoke bomb infuriated me. Idiot whoever threw that.

It's the Goal Posts I feel sorry for.

RIP, you served us well that second half.

Ok, but what are you getting from going on the pitch?
I can take or leave going onto the pitch but once it happened yesterday I went on as there were already thousands on and it would be ten minutes or so before they got off.

Out of interest do you go to games? Not having a pop just a genuine question. When you are at a game you are caught up in the emotion and tension of it all. Add to that the crowd mentality that people get caught up in and after such a tension riddled game it's just a release of all that emotion.I've not gone onto a pitch before and I've gone onto the pitch too and in my own experience I feel better after doing it. You're free from the constraints of the stands, you can run about, scream, get all the pent up tension out and replace it with pure joy. You smell the grass, breath in the fresh air and just feel better. Then you calm down, compose yourself, go back into the stands and politely watch the presentation.

The one pitch invasion I didn't understand was the one where we'd already had one a few days before after winning the league early, then people went on again in the final game. That one was just bizarre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.