Pitch invasion

It's assault in the eyes of the law. It doesn't matter whether it was 'funny' or not.

Thousands of people wilfully breaking the law by going on the pitch. A small number committing criminal damage by breaking the posts. At least one individual assaulting someone.

Pathetic. I hope loads of them are identified and banned from the ground for years.

you’d ban thousands of city fans from attending for years?

level 1 would be half empty. I presume you’d apply that to previous pitch invaders from previous titles wins as well?

I’m genuinely curious what made people decide to destroy the goal. I get the pitch thing, if done joyous and no hitting players, but what makes someone look at the goal and think they need to destroy it?

What is the purpose of that??

Those who went straight for the goals need to found and questioned no way there city fans.

I feel like a right moaning old bugger for saying it, and going on the pitch is kind of expected on such big occasions, but in the current climate you'd have to be crazy to go onto the pitch in such a manner. Trouble is after yesterday's rollercoaster, many of us were mentally gone.

The expectation is that anyone who goes onto the pitch, after the recent attacks etc, is that you will be banned, and you risk a trumped up aggravated charge, implications for your job and personal life.

I can't see any real connection with Olsen and I'm not sure what he is complaining about, maybe it happened just before the video or he just found the whole atmosphere a bit scary, but if footballers will claim injury as easily as they go down in a game, then it's inviting risk to go anywhere near them.

Personally I didn't enjoy the scenes myself, Laporte and others being dragged every way they can, and I can see how it's not a comfortable moment for players on either side. It's hardly celebratory for the lads themselves.

The issue is that it's an outpouring of emotion from the fans, and to be frank it's one of those things that shouldn't be done but always is, and mostly they look the other way. Only way to change that is impose bans which affect the team or fans themselves and personally I think that is coming now.

I think it’s pathetic. The club wanted the attention seekers off the pitch, the players did and the majority of the fans did, fuck the media. I much prefer watching the players and coaches who I pay money to watch than a bunch of selfie taking attention seekers. Times have changed, keep off the fucking pitch

Times have changed? What do you mean by that. Pitch invasions aren’t from a bygone era. They happen regularly and have done at city for years.

we regularly invaded the pitch before selfie sticks became a thing as well.

you did get to see the players celebrate and lift the trophy. I think your going overboard in your reaction to something that happens in a highly charged/ emotional moment

What did he say exactly?
Can't remember his exact words... but something along the lines of saying "simply the word invasion is appalling, similar to how everybody is appalled by the russian invasion of ukraine"

Just putting the two events in the same sentence is staggering

Times have changed? What do you mean by that. Pitch invasions aren’t from a bygone era. They happen regularly and have done at city for years.

you did get to see the players celebrate and lift the trophy. I think your going overboard in your reaction to something that happens in a highly charged/ emotional moment
If the players wanted you on the pitch they’d have said so. It’s fucking small time, and yeah times have changed, we’ve had players assaulted as recently as the last week. Fans taunting opposition players, hitting opposition players, look at me dickheads breaking the goal, frankly it’s fucking pathetic

where have I said we have a divine right??

we have a history of pitch invasions when we win the league or get promoted. Do we not?

why do you care so much about what the media think.
Because I don't want the name of my club dragging through the mud over a bunch of dicks who think they can do what they like.

Times have changed in that we go through more security to enter the stadium than we ever did years ago. The idea of a pitch invasion is completely incompatible with the idea of keeping people safe. The players look very uncomfortable with having people jumping all over them. Laporte in particular looked distressed.

The other thing it does is slow down the trophy presentation. The whole thing is drawn out as it is, but this just makes it worse. By the time we're waving off a club legend and current captain, thousands of people have left the ground because they have trains to catch and homes to go to.

you’d ban thousands of city fans from attending for years?

level 1 would be half empty. I presume you’d apply that to previous pitch invaders from previous titles wins as well?
You're just being daft now.

Ban all those identified who assaulted the Villa keeper and stewards, along with those who criminally damaged the goalposts.

The idiots on the pitch taking selfies and dragging their children around aren't worth banning. They've got a lifetime of being brainless to look forward to.

As for level 1 being empty, I doubt it. Any banned would soon be replaced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.