Pitch invasion

God there’s a load of mood hoovers in this thread.

We have just completed the second greatest final-day-comeback in Premier League history.

Fans are obviously going to run on the pitch and celebrate. I thought the scenes were glorious.
The problem is that we have some absolute knobs within our fan base, as all clubs do, and the idiots who taunted the away fans, confronted Villa players and wrecked the goals give the whole thing a sour vibe. Its very easy to see how it could get out of hand.

Absolute bell ends spoiling it for others.

Yeah!

Never done it myself (I've sat on the 2nd tier since 2003) but it's a great visual spectacle and captures a lot of the wonderful feelings football can give you. It fills you up with so much emotion that you want to burst, and you can't really express it in any clear, articulate way, so you just run as fast and as far as you can. Like a child. It's a beautiful human reaction to complete chaos. In a crowd of thousands you'll always get a couple of dickheads who want to make it about themselves or want to push the opposition goalkeeper, but 99.9% of the crowd just wanted to sprint into an empty space and shout a bit. No harm in that.

Pitch invasions have been a thing in British sport since the 60s. Possibly before. No idea why this last week has suddenly turned half the country against them.
Simple really, because players have been twatted, shoved, spat on, goaded, all in a single week, surely you can see that this will only escalate if unchecked.

The club requested fans to stay off the pitch but thousands ignored the request as they have done for years previously, the stakes just got higher this week and it's a habit that will have to be stopped due to a few dicks taking it to new levels.

That’s some almighty stretch to even put those two incidents in the same sentence.

It may be ... but then some other cowardly cnuts like Abedi bothers, may well see such and see an opportunity. Players and fans in one blow. Wouldn't put it past them.

In the current climate, invading on the pitch is f*cking stupid

You're all going to get the bloody nets, cages, perspex sheets return because you simply can't f*cking behave

And the dickhead who twatted the VIlla keeper deserves the book thrown at him - and should be sh**ting himself after what's happened to the guy he did Billy Sharp a few days ago
Twatted the villa keeper.
Really?
Strewth.
If i ever get in a fight i hope I'm twatted like that,i might win .

Yeah!

Never done it myself (I've sat on the 2nd tier since 2003) but it's a great visual spectacle and captures a lot of the wonderful feelings football can give you. It fills you up with so much emotion that you want to burst, and you can't really express it in any clear, articulate way, so you just run as fast and as far as you can. Like a child. It's a beautiful human reaction to complete chaos. In a crowd of thousands you'll always get a couple of dickheads who want to make it about themselves or want to push the opposition goalkeeper, but 99.9% of the crowd just wanted to sprint into an empty space and shout a bit. No harm in that.

Pitch invasions have been a thing in British sport since the 60s. Possibly before. No idea why this last week has suddenly turned half the country against them.
This is a joke, right?

The problem is that we have some absolute knobs within our fan base, as all clubs do, and the idiots who taunted the away fans, confronted Villa players and wrecked the goals give the whole thing a sour vibe. Its very easy to see how it could get out of hand.

Absolute bell ends spoiling it for others.
As if we need to give 'them' more ammunition!

It's such a shame I think. 80%, probably more, of people who did that yesterday will be too young to remember all the barriers and fencing at football and have only known it like it is now. Its better now. If they bring them back it will be a step backwards. An alternative is for the authorities to take the first few rows out and put meshing or something in. That will mean less fans can go and prices for everyone else will go up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.