Pitch invasions

Did you honestly think the fans wouldn’t run on to the pitch?

As you know very well, by law fences aren’t allowed around the perimeter of the pitch.

I keep on posting this, the evidence from yesterday suggests the club contained the pitch invasion.(very well)

It’s impossible to stop 1000’s of fans from going on the pitch if they are determined to do that.

So, apart from putting up fences, how else are ‘you‘ going to stop 1000’s of (happy) fans from going on to the pitch? Shoot them?

You can't stop it. The fans have to make the decision not to, that's the only way for it not to happen.

I don't do it because the club I love asks me not to. And I do then feel a bit jealous, annoyed and cheated when I see others not listen to the club and get on the pitch. If the club said it was ok I'd be on in a shot - but they don't, they ask us not to.

So it comes down to how determined either the PL or City are to stop it happening. Which either way, ends up with fans not doing it because of a perceived threat.

1. If the PL really want to stop it, there will be threats of closures or points deductions. Then fans will have to think again before doing it.

2. If City really want to stop it they'll identify people and potentially cancel season cards. That way fans will think again before doing it. I don't think City will really bother with this unless point 1 also happens.

Honestly, some pitch invasions are such a joyous outpouring of emotion and happiness that they are a proper sight to behold and something amazing to be a part of. Yesterday's didn't feel like that, or necessary, because it wasn't a last gasp win or anything like that. It was a bit shit.

Anyway. Hopefully we'll have more stuff to celebrate miserably/properly* soon.

*take your pick

Hopefully. It's like the loyalty points debate it only happens if we're doing well

That's for sure. I dont remember pitch invasions under Stuart Pearce, but tbh I've done my best to remove that time from my memory so I could even be wrong.

You can't stop it. The fans have to make the decision not to, that's the only way for it not to happen.

I don't do it because the club I love asks me not to. And I do then feel a bit jealous, annoyed and cheated when I see others not listen to the club and get on the pitch. If the club said it was ok I'd be on in a shot - but they don't, they ask us not to.

So it comes down to how determined either the PL or City are to stop it happening. Which either way, ends up with fans not doing it because of a perceived threat.

1. If the PL really want to stop it, there will be threats of closures or points deductions. Then fans will have to think again before doing it.

2. If City really want to stop it they'll identify people and potentially cancel season cards. That way fans will think again before doing it. I don't think City will really bother with this unless point 1 also happens.

Honestly, some pitch invasions are such a joyous outpouring of emotion and happiness that they are a proper sight to behold and something amazing to be a part of. Yesterday's didn't feel like that, or necessary, because it wasn't a last gasp win or anything like that. It was a bit shit.

Anyway. Hopefully we'll have more stuff to celebrate miserably/properly* soon.

*take your pick

I take all of your points.

Football fans will never be able to self regulate themselves. Fact. So we can forget that.

I stand corrected on this, but haven’t there been pitch invasions up and down the country over last week or two as the seasons in every league have come to an end, and titles and escaping relegations have been decided?

As for yesterdays pitch invasion, if there is an excuse, which people can argue there isn’t, it was 3 PL titles in a row. :-)

Please stop it.

If the club wanted to put netting over the first 2-3 rows, they would have done that, but they didn't.

Honestly, some of the comments being posted are bizarre.
Most organisations will try to balance the way they manage situations. At present the authorities are not hitting us with major penalties. If pitch invasions carry on and the incidents increase harsher measures will be imposed. I don't see that as bizarre I see it as a natural progression.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.