Pitch invasions

It’s at times like this that our thoughts should not be on turning against one another but be with Aston Villa’s Robin Olsen, who must inevitably be suffering from PTSD after yesterday’s scenes. Ts and Ps, Robin, Ts and Ps.

PXL-20230521-165731364-MP-2.jpg

Do you want a list of precautions or would the obvious one do?
First thing that would be tried would be to cover the front 2 or 3 rows of seats with wide netting to make progress difficult, that significantly reduces the number getting through. Yes that cuts down on match day revenue but cheaper than a large fine or partial closure. Unfortunately those fans who normally sit there don't get their usual seat and are relocated, so tickets are then reduced for fans who are not season ticket holders.

Please stop it.

If the club wanted to put netting over the first 2-3 rows, they would have done that, but they didn't.

Honestly, some of the comments being posted are bizarre.

It’s impossible to stop 1000’s of fans from going on the pitch if they are determined to do that.

So, apart from putting up fences, how else are ‘you‘ going to stop 1000’s of (happy) fans from going on to the pitch? Shoot them?
giphy (4).gif

Attachments

• target-cross-hair.gif
    target-cross-hair.gif
    201.7 KB · Views: 6
Do you want a list of precautions or would the obvious one do?
First thing that would be tried would be to cover the front 2 or 3 rows of seats with wide netting to make progress difficult, that significantly reduces the number getting through. Yes that cuts down on match day revenue but cheaper than a large fine or partial closure. Unfortunately those fans who normally sit there don't get their usual seat and are relocated, so tickets are then reduced for fans who are not season ticket holders.
They try covering my seat on the front row because of the invading numpties I really will give out some anger...I may even swear if it happens by golly!! :-) :-(

Well clearly you weren't looking carefully enough as there were loads of people trying to have a go at the South stand goalposts and security staff trying to stop them doing it.
Happy to take your word for it Gremlin - like I say I was at the NS so can only speak for what I saw at that end.

I’m not really sure what the stewards could have done. A lot of them are underpaid students who can’t stop thousands of fans going on the pitch

Find it bizarre the people trying to police when we should/shouldn't go on the pitch, we've had a season where it looked like Arsenal would beat us to the league for the majority and also been hit with the PL charges if people want to go on the pitch it shouldn't be an issue also shouldn't matter if someone wants to get a picture of their kids on the pitch which was another strange point I've seen here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.