Pizarro Anybody?

Fantastic signing, i imagine he will play in all of the Europa league games if he is fit. I would also expect to see him come on as an impact sub for PL matches, much like we used Paddy Viera.

manimanc said:
california blue said:
adrianr said:
Vieira was a master stroke of a signing. Lets hope Pizzaro follows suit! Someone happy to give us a loan deal too, strewth!

Vieira was shit
was he really?

give your head a wobble mate,his experience off the pitch was as valuable as his experience on the pitch,the legs had nearly gone but the brain and wealth of experience AND that talk at half time in the semi was worth it`s weight in gold...

his pinnacle was the stoke match - 90% of the time he was on the 'pitch' he was a liability

Obvious was his stature in the dressing room.....which was unparallelled

Can he play in the EL? ---- pizarro that is

Tevez City said:
Not an upgrade for the squad.

Not an upgrade... Jesus fella!

Our midfield has recently contained both Zabba & Kolarov due to shortage there..
And Hargreaves is only a 'fill in'...

This lad on loan to end of season with an option to buy for ONE MILLION POUNDS.. Bargain, especially if it sees us over the line come May..

Blue Phil said:
Fantastic signing, i imagine he will play in all of the Europa league games if he is fit. I would also expect to see him come on as an impact sub for PL matches, much like we used Paddy Viera.

I would think this is right. At first I dismissed it thinking he's quite old, not played enough etc, then I thought of Paddy V. Could prove to be good move

Well if he ends up wanting to stay long term then of course he'll have to play well to earn a permanent transfer. Anyone any idea how long is left on his contract? I have a sneaky feeling there isn't long left to go!

Little stat for you

Pizarro provided 26 assists between 2007-08 and 2009-10, more than any other player in Serie A

If he can play to anything near that level of form he will make a superb little loan signing

BibbyBlue85 said:
He reminds me of Xabi Alonso in the way he plays. Very calm in possession and can pick a pass whilst playing a deep midfield role

Perhaps this is true but at the end of the day he's had the luxury of more time on the ball in Italian Football. Xabi Alonso adjusted to the pace and physical nature of the premier league and at 32 years old coming in on a short-term deal I'm not sure he'll have the ability / time to adjust.

Superb short term signing. Will give us a bit of guile which we need at times. The pace of the league means nothing when it is us with 60% possession against a camped defence that needs unlocking.

C_T_I_D said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
He reminds me of Xabi Alonso in the way he plays. Very calm in possession and can pick a pass whilst playing a deep midfield role

Perhaps this is true but at the end of the day he's had the luxury of more time on the ball in Italian Football. Xabi Alonso adjusted to the pace and physical nature of the premier league and at 32 years old coming in on a short-term deal I'm not sure he'll have the ability / time to adjust.

I take what you say on board mate but its a test many footballers come up against when they move to England. You also have to factor in that our midfield is 1 of the best for creating space, i think Pizzaro will do a decent job for us. He may not rip up tree's but he isn't that kind of player<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 pm --<br /><br />
C_T_I_D said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

I take what you say on board mate but its a test many footballers come up against when they move to England. You also have to factor in that our midfield is 1 of the best for creating space, i think Pizzaro will do a decent job for us. He may not rip up tree's but he isn't that kind of player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.