PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Something similar to this actually happened in the early years of the takeover. Photos of journalists who had slagged us off with their "ruining football" type comments were circulated in Mary Ds before one of our home games and fans were being encouraged to give them stick as they arrived at the ground.

I certainly don't approve of physical attacks but any journalist guilty of spouting unsubstantiated bollocks about us deserves to be called out on it
I cannot attend but if someone could slap that twat James Ducker for me .

Something that I've been thinking about over the past day or so is that some of these charges go back to 2009 which is before FFP existed. As such, why would we even have a reason back then to "cook the books" and make our accounts look a lot more rosy than they actually were?

In fact, I'm sure some fans will remember that back in 2011 we announced losses of £197 million for the 2010-11 season. Those were record losses for English football at the time. Reading this article from our, ahem, mutual friend David Conn https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/nov/18/manchester-city-biggest-ever-loss, the net loss on footballing operations was £160.5 million but that was increased by a further £34.4 million when writing off the value of some previously signed players such as Jo.

Far from manipulating our accounts to make them look better than they were, it can actually be argued that on that particular occasion we were guilty of the opposite!

I think its probably just an administrative thing. It certainly doesn't materially affect the accounts, I don't think it affects PL FFP, and they can't really charge us for breaching UEFA's regulations surely.

From the BBC, is Kevin Parker really the GS of the supporters club?? If so would he (or any City fan) say that the past achievements would be tainted??
You can always rely on him to give the media shills and social media crayon eaters another stick to beat us with.
You would have thought he would have learned his lesson last time after the shit he caused with Pep about the criticism of the fans.

Question for the in house lawyers or people who are right on this shit!!

Not if but when we come out of all this shit with another win will CFG go Absalutely balls deep & take every slimy cnut who has caused our club nothing but shit since 2008, please tell me we will??
I would suggest that they will not. Firstly it’s not their style and secondly there is no guarantee of any success. Journalists are just printing the news of the time and the PL and UEFA presented allegations that were found not proven. As the relevant entities they were entitled to look into the issues they believed needed looking into.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.