PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The more I read about this, timescales, rushed documents with factual errors etc, the more I believe the Prem have already done what they set out to do, tarnish us and demonstrate a veneer of regulatory control before the white paper. We’re the sacrificial lamb. I doubt they’re too concerned about outcomes at the moment, football will be in a totally different place in the 2 years the process is expected to take.

I agree and I think @tolmie's hairdoo called it right earlier in this thread. It's a transfer ban in all but name, potential signings (Bellingham?) may well be put off by the charges, potentially current players will be unsettled as well and let's face it, its going to take some effort from Pep and the squad to put this to one side to mount a serious challenge this year. Not to mention the reputational damage and constant media sniping this has brought.

I dont think the punishments will be as severe as the media are enjoying speculating over, but I do think the damage in the short term, will be significant. We will recover from whatever is thrown at us though.

I have just read that and basically it’s wishy, washy and practically damning with faint praise!! I’m sorry Kevin but if you were misquoted I’d get on to the BBC and get it sorted. If you weren’t misquoted then wow just wow. I’d not want you defending me ever! Sorry.

JMHO
Trust me mate … you wouldn’t want him defending you ever.
He was an an absolute twat when he worked in the ticket office, and has previous when it comes to shitting on those near (and supposedly) dear to him.

Why the rush all of a sudden to get us charged, found guilty and relegated?

Certain PL clubs have already decided we are guilty and want punishment now.
If we win the chumps league but get relegated, would we still be eligible for next seasons' competition on the basis that we are the holders?

I have just read that and basically it’s wishy, washy and practically damning with faint praise!! I’m sorry Kevin but if you were misquoted I’d get on to the BBC and get it sorted. If you weren’t misquoted then wow just wow. I’d not want you defending me ever! Sorry.

JMHO
I don't think he's said anything that many fans on here haven't said - that he trusts what the club are saying but IF it's proven otherwise then it wouldn't be a good look. The trouble is, it's one thing saying that on here but another saying it to the media because it gives them an opportunity to twist things so I think he's being a little naive there. Back in 2020 when we had the UEFA ruling, in the run-up to the CAS appeal 1894 did a photo shoot at the stadium with the anti-UEFA banner that they originally planned to display at the Real Madrid home game but weren't able to due to the pandemic and lockdown. Sky Sports News came down and interviewed various people about it. Everyone interviewed said they trusted the word of the club but didn't go any further than that. It's best to give them fuck all opportunity to twist things!

The PL was not driven by Sky. it was greedy chairman to the highest bidder. We finished above MU and Liverpool in the 2 seasons before it started, and Arsenal and Chelsea were below us in mid-table in the first season. It was a pretty level playing field to start off with. We just went backwards when we needed to push on.
My memory lets me down here, can anybody confirm the following?
There was a time gap between the agreement with Sky by the Sky 4/Sky 5 and the beginning of the premier league. Were we not in div2 when that agreement was signed??

I don't think he's said anything that many fans on here haven't said - that he trusts what the club are saying but IF it's proven otherwise then it wouldn't be a good look. The trouble is, it's one thing saying that on here but another saying it to the media because it gives them an opportunity to twist things so I think he's being a little naive there. Back in 2020 when we had the UEFA ruling, in the run-up to the CAS appeal 1894 did a photo shoot at the stadium with the anti-UEFA banner that they originally planned to display at the Real Madrid home game but weren't able to due to the pandemic and lockdown. Sky Sports News came down and interviewed various people about it. Everyone interviewed said they trusted the word of the club but didn't go any further than that. It's best to give them fuck all opportunity to twist things!
I'm not sure there's many on here, If any, who have said our trophies will be tainted if we are found guilty. Something he seems to say willingly.

Something that I'd like our legal experts on here to give an opinion on, if they would.
I've understood that in this case there is no court of appeal, as such. There is no CAS. At the worst, City can appeal the decision and then a second commission made up of different members would be constituted by the PL.
Moving on to a whole other ball park, can City in fact bring a civil suit against the PL in the courts for something like defamation of character (it obviously wouldn't be the term used) if they want to up the stakes?
(By the way, I'm not saying I think it would be a good idea. Just wondering if it's possible.)
Certainly possible but ill-advised and not a chance Pannick will allow it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.