PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don't think he's said anything that many fans on here haven't said - that he trusts what the club are saying but IF it's proven otherwise then it wouldn't be a good look. The trouble is, it's one thing saying that on here but another saying it to the media because it gives them an opportunity to twist things so I think he's being a little naive there. Back in 2020 when we had the UEFA ruling, in the run-up to the CAS appeal 1894 did a photo shoot at the stadium with the anti-UEFA banner that they originally planned to display at the Real Madrid home game but weren't able to due to the pandemic and lockdown. Sky Sports News came down and interviewed various people about it. Everyone interviewed said they trusted the word of the club but didn't go any further than that. It's best to give them fuck all opportunity to twist things!
I do understand about the media, in two of my other roles before retirement I had a lot of dealings with them. :-)

However so has Kevin Parker and I just feel he should also know how to deal with them by now. You are correct when you say he has been a little naïve and just feel that he should be experienced enough by now. However we just have to accept that these things come to try us I guess!! :-)

I read that in three months, Sept to Nov last year, he earned £500k. on one case alone.
... which is less than £400K/wk obviously - different rates are applied when the cases are lengthy. I know where I am, the 4 partners have charge out rates of £275 per qtr of an hour - but its very rare a client gets charged £1,100 for an hour of their time.

If they let Pep be the first one to face any questions/statements on this(even if it's no comment), to external or in house media, then they are a bunch of shithouses at exec/board level and there should be major changes.

Edit: I think we will get off with everything bar non co-operation and the Toure/Mancini stuff so it's not a question of guilt, they shouldn't be hiding behind him.

My memory lets me down here, can anybody confirm the following?
There was a time gap between the agreement with Sky by the Sky 4/Sky 5 and the beginning of the premier league. Were we not in div2 when that agreement was signed??
The usual suspects first approached ITV with the idea of the breakaway but didn't reach agreement, Sky came along later. Not sure why you think we were in Div.2, we were founder members of the PL!

I'm not sure there's many on here, If any, who have said our trophies will be tainted if we are found guilty. Something he seems to say willingly.

True that - I was referring to his other comments

Absolutely. What eleven men do out on the pitch in winning the league or Cup cannot seriously be put in doubt.
By way of banter (and because I like to wind them up) I like to refer to Liverpool's title win — you know, that recent one after decades of not winning it — as being not valid because it was during Covid and so was played out in empty stadia.
But let's have it right, that's bollocks. They were the best team by a country mile that year, Covid or no Covid.
(Still annoys me though that our last goal against them was ruled out because Phil had the temerity to be fouled by a Liverpool player…)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.