PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

But the PL panel is NOT court, and we have no idea what, if any legal standard of proof, or even evidence
A lot of our case will rest on our published accounts. These have to be produced and audited to a standard which meets a high burden of proof threshold. The PL will have to show our clubs accounts have not met this standard.

I don't think it will be enough for them to say on the balance of probabilities are accounts are dishonest.

A hack is defined as unauthorised access to computer files. Why was the Liverpool hack “no such thing”?
Absolutely. I used to work in the information rights industry and it was a slam dunk, prima facie criminal offence under both the Computer Misuse Act and the Data Protection Act. The later exacerbated by the fact that it almost certainly involved the medical data of individuals which has even stringer legal protections.
A hack isn’t just a Russian teenager remotely breaking into a system. Anyone who accesses material on a computer they have no legal right to is technically guilty of ‘hacking’. As is someone who has a legal right to access a system but who has no valid legal reason for accessing it eg NHS or police workers who snoop on their neighbours, enemies etc

Funny. I am A lawyer and I can’t see anything useful there. Forget the Appeal, it’s a massive red herring. If this ever sees the inside of a private and confidential arbitration then that is where it will end. Win or bust. This always has and always will be a nuclear event for the loser.
The weight of the charges makes this nigh on impossible for the PL to win without some new piece of evidence that irrefutably proves that we have done what has been alleged.
CAS showed that evidence does not exist or was not presented for at least some of the period covered in this case. The PL lawyers will be paid as much as we will be paying Pannick (funny how there is no mention of those costs). They all get paid irrespective of the result. Bird & Bird have logged 4 years of fees, they are not worried about their reputation. They will simply talk about the risks of litigation when they lose.
If there really was a smoking gun this whole episode would feel remarkably different. In fact the charges and the deal reached by City and the PL would have been announced almost simultaneously as those conversations would have been covered and dealt with behind the scenes. I remain utterly convinced that City will defeat these charges. Could I be Wrong… of course I could. However, I rarely get things wrong (arrogant but true).
How do you know we would have or could have done a deal had we done something wrong ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.