PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I read through the entire CAS award today and I really think they lay out everything we need to know about this case.

Specifically, CAS asked what evidence Mr Lindsay, UEFA’s financial witness would need to prove their allegations. And he replied -
"[...] that exercise requires extensive access to accounting records that - - I talk about reviewing contemporaneous emails, relevant documents, board papers, where in essence it would have to be a very wide-ranging review to try to determine whether or not these payment mechanisms happened or not and it would require access not only to the books and records of the Club, of which I've seen very little, but more importantly it would require access to the books and records of both of the sponsors
There is simply no way that the Premier League have been rooting through the accounts and bank records of the other parties involved here. Whether that’s sponsors, or Mancini, or Fordham, or players.
It would require police powers to find City guilty of these charges.
At the very least it would require civil subpoenas of records that I do not think would work. Especially for out of jurisdiction sponsors for whom the UK courts have no power over.

I wonder if City have some dirt on other PL teams?

Pep's 'be careful' got me thinking, our owners are exceptionally well connected and it's not a massive stretch to think that some key sensitive information could come their way regarding our rivals.

How to release said information is the puzzle for me. We need an Independent Regulator, they could then just hand over what they have.
Didn’t he say something similar about Barca just before they went deep in the shit? I recon pep knows our owners have had enough of this shit

If we have done wrong we could be over confident or they could not want a deal or if we haven’t they could think the same.
The amount of money involved transcends the thinking of the reasonable man. For most people what you state is how they would think. With the kind of sums at stake here that would not be expected thought patterns.

My view is the PL know that to be the case but for whatever reason the exercise to to blacked the club’s name and reputation even more
I just find it madness that they’re turning on one of their own clubs, that’s why I find this hard to believe. I know we shouldn’t rule out scenarios like this, as we all found out how corrupt UEFA were. I just find it baffling how one club can be the enemy not only to their rival clubs, but the organisation they play their trade in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.