PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not sure if posted but..

Big Sam has waded in..

Sam Allardyce:

"Of course there is jealousy – all clubs will be rubbing their hands together wanting to be found guilty..."

"It seems like owners want City kicked out of the PL which isn't the right thing to do. I hope they are not found guilty and come out on top..."
Always liked BFS.

The law may be an ass, but it also trumps everything else.

Much as we all would love a moment on the court steps and Khaldoon shouting we are now going to bury people, the notion is fanciful.

Pep has already said it, the slurs and damage to our reputation is already done, how do we truly get that back.

We don't.

City are confident in our legal counsel and position, that will do for me. The bar is incredibly high for essentially sending our Club in to extinction and pariah status.

We clear our name in Court, not in the court of Public opinion. We will likely have to take a gulp of some form of medicine, but we shouldn't care about that if it doesn't kill us.
Without me sounding me like sycophant (ie a BBC / Sky journalist discussing utd /Liverpool) what you say reads great. (I appreciate you like anyone else here cannot guarantee we win).

And whilst I would like a Dickov / Aguero moment against these parts the courts are a bit less dramatic but a win possibly more important.

Let’s hope we can eventually going back to enjoying the actual game and trying to work out why the hell we don’t have a left back and who the hell are we signing based on your latest video.

Much as we all would love a moment on the court steps and Khaldoon shouting we are now going to bury people, the notion is fanciful.

Pep has already said it, the slurs and damage to our reputation is already done, how do we truly get that back.

We don't.

City are confident in our legal counsel and position, that will do for me. The bar is incredibly high for essentially sending our Club in to extinction and pariah status.

We clear our name in Court, not in the court of Public opinion. We will likely have to take a gulp of some form of medicine, but we shouldn't care about that if it doesn't kill us.
You know what - I think Khaldoon might just a some stage. Fuming.

There is always a lot asked about why the PL have taken 4 years to get to this point. I am not sure it has. At least a good couple of years of that were probably taken up by City's case against the PL and then going to appeal. I think these cases started in 2019 and ended in 2021. I would find it unlikely that we would have been providing any information during that period.
They probably worked on it for an hour a day on a Tuesday and Thursday every other week, and never during any lockdowns, in those four years. The rest of the time they’d have been having nice dinners on the PL or feet up at home.

From reading the CAS award it seems like pretty much nothing. I'm sure they have very good legal reasoning for that.

If they have refused to engage with the investigation at all and provide an alternative explanation to the emails then it's no surprise we've been charged again because what else can The PL do? It explains why we're going to this judicial panel, and why City are confident they'll win again.
Sounds like the same result. I still do not understand why we were advised not to hand over certain evidence, if indeed that is the case. It would seem to guarantee a fine for non co-operation.

We don't.

Confident in our position, need to take medicine, somewhat conflicting comments mate?

My understanding of Portugese law is not great but I have been dipping into and out of the trial in the foreign media. Pinto has pleaded not guilty but has admitted asking for payment to return hacked documents to various football agents linked to Sporting Lisbon and Benfica. His absurd defence was that he was "just testing" to see if they would pay up as part of his "whistleblowing" activities and it wasn't really extortion! He has also admitted hacking into various bank accounts (including a pension fund) and transferring money into his own Swiss account which he then repaid later after cutting some deal with the bank where he helped them to prevent further thefts. It is all very strange. He is currently awaiting the verdict which is due in April.
Sounds like he's a typical Dipper. Always the victim, never their fault.

We don't.

It was good to see Preston MP Mark Hendrick speaking on Ian Cheeseman's latest matchday vlog. He described the PL decision to charge City as "a drive-by-shooting" and insisted it WAS connected directly to the plans for an independent regulator which has all-party backing. He said City had been unfairly targeted because they were the only club supporting independent regulation and he believed the club would take action against the PL when the case had been settled. He fully expects City to be cleared.
This is interesting because Hendrick( a long-time advocate for independent regulation) is well connected in high-level football circles and knows full well what is going on behind the scenes and also at Government level because Labour and Tory members have been working together on the regulator proposal.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.