PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's about picking our battles.

We still have to exist in the Premier League eco-system.

Better to have won the day and cleared our name in a legal setting, than the hyperbole of Talk Sport and Daily Mail.

If we clear our name, nobody in the media would dare trot out the accusations again, certainly not at the expense of a serious lawsuit.

We win in the judicial hearing, we win on and off the pitch in so many ways.

City essentially become bullet proof.

That's worth any point scoring seeking redress from a Premier League that is still ran like a cartel.

The independent regulator is our bonus outcome.
Not if but when we win Tolm, these horrible fuckers will have to toe the line & If we don't set an example when we win our case will we crush any fucker for talking out of line when its over saying we're paid our way out or we cheated the system again bla bla bla, surely then we go & kick there doors rite in???

It was good to see Preston MP Mark Hendrick speaking on Ian Cheeseman's latest matchday vlog. He described the PL decision to charge City as "a drive-by-shooting" and insisted it WAS connected directly to the plans for an independent regulator which has all-party backing. He said City had been unfairly targeted because they were the only club supporting independent regulation and he believed the club would take action against the PL when the case had been settled. He fully expects City to be cleared.
This is interesting because Hendrick( a long-time advocate for independent regulation) is well connected in high-level football circles and knows full well what his going on behind the scenes and also at Government level because Labour and Tory members have been working together on the regulator proposal.
Have you got a link

Get off the financial charges and that's about as good as we can expect. People will still think we're guilty, but that'll be the case whether we win, we lose or we sue the fuck out of everyone.

Even if we're guilty of non cooperation and clearer of everything else, that will be brilliant for us.

From reading the CAS award it seems like pretty much nothing. I'm sure they have very good legal reasoning for that.

If they have refused to engage with the investigation at all and provide an alternative explanation to the emails then it's no surprise we've been charged again because what else can The PL do? It explains why we're going to this judicial panel, and why City are confident they'll win again.

Its far from as simple as that.

The PL initiated an arbitration panel to decide, if you like re documents and disclosure and City I believe challenged the PLs jurisdiction and the impartiality of any panel. The HC ruling went against City in effect re enforcing the contractual obligations of city to cooperate.

It seems so long ago now but many of the negative MCFC stories started from the earliest days. Here’s a free article I wrote a few weeks back to appear today about this day in 2010. It includes material from an interview I did with Khaldoon years ago. It’s so frustrating - and damaging - that all of this has been going on for so long. Well worth looking at this piece to remember the stuff we faced back then!

Great retrieve. Sustained and consistent; we never had a chance of a level playing field did we?

I’ll never forget the day the news broke listening to 5live sport presented by Mark Saggers iirc, and the whole tone was so so negative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.