PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I have nothing against City, as I have said many times over. I hope this is ends up with City cleared of any wrongdoing. Just saying, reading the statement from the league it seems more serious than whatever nonsense had UEFA cooked up to take your to court a few years ago.

I have no idea whether the charges against City are merited, obviously I hope not. What I am fairly confident of is that elite football in England and across Europe is a bit of a cess pit and that this has nothing to do with protecting the integrity of the game because that fucked off out the door quite some time ago.

When Uefa made their attempt at screwing us over, the statement from the club came out pretty soon after the charges. Took a good couple of hours for this one, have they tried to blindside the club and not tell them in advance on this occasion?
From BBC

'City were not given advance warning of the Premier League statement. They were called at the same time the statement was published.'

I get all this but I will admit I'm worried by this latest chapter. We all know why this has been happening over the years and who's behind it. They tried to get us using Europe and indeed actually banned us. Unfortunately for them we had CAS which rightly found in our favour. That failing they've gone down the easier route, the premier league. Now we may be innocent but if the fuckers judging us are in cahoots with our enemies and find us guilty we are fucked as apparently there's no equivalent of CAS to appeal to. We will know it's a stitch up but there will be no way on God's earth any of the rabid anti City mob and media will report it that way.
Agreed. Find the people who insist on defending the board/ownership bizarre. They are not the club, the fans are, and they've embarrassed us. Regardless of the outcome the damage has already been done. Soriano has to walk and I'd be surprised if Khaldoon doesn't take a big step back in the future as well. We were there before them and we'll be there if they decide this isn't worth the effort anymore.

@SWP's back

I'm not going to check over all the pages to see if this was answered already, but you were asking for a source on the claim any possible appeal goes to the high court rather than to CAS. I'm not a lawyer or anything, and have only skimmed PL rules, but this could be the relevant section:

Agreement to Arbitrate
X.2. Membership of the League shall constitute an agreement in writing between the League and each Club, between the League and each Director of each Club and between each Club for the purposes of section 5 of the Act in the following terms:
X.2.1. to submit all disputes which arise between them (including in the case of a Relegated Club any dispute between it and a Club or the League, the cause of action of which arose while the Relegated Club was a member of the League), whether arising out of these Rules or otherwise, to final and binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Act and this Section of these Rules;
X.2.2. that the seat of each such arbitration shall be in England and Wales;
X.2.3. that the issues in each such arbitration shall be decided in accordance with English law; and
X.2.4. that no other system or mode of arbitration will be invoked to resolve any such dispute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.