PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Im not saying there isnt bias btw. Just that if they're fixing it so that utd, or lfc win the titles, they're doing a shit job.

It fits more with unorganised bias, rather than fixing of games to make someone win a title. IE Utd get more pens at old trafford... I dont think that is a written instruction that is handed down to all refs, or even in a meeting of referees all being told to give utd more penalties.

Anyway, I hope we find out one day because something we all agree on is the decisions are beyond odd, or wrong.. There's definitely something amiss.

It's part of why we needed Pep in charge.

The biggest risk is always incidents around your own goal. Pep keeps us up the other end of the pitch and we keep the ball, so it reduces the chance of red cards.

Reduces though, doesn't get rid of.

We still don't get penalties we should, get called for minimal contact at times (eg Haaland at Anfield) and get dodgy decisions against us (Rashford). But the way we play minimises it, and makes it so that if a ref really wants to do us over, they have to do something ridiculous, something 'clear and obvious'.
Yeah thats what I think. Pep's fully aware of this and is fighting it too.

I just dont think there' some meeting bewteen refs or the PL where they decide lets give utd an advantage. I think its more subtle than that, like making sure it was a City player in the referee training vids when they were explaining what is now a foul.

At the end iof the day its still cheating I suppose though, I just dont want it to sound as ridiulous as that Footballis Fixed stuff, because that will never be believed.

If football is fixed, and City are winning title after title... Are some of you guys saying we're cheating?

Black and white again.

There can be match-fixing for many reasons other than stopping City. The PL may want a new name on the trophy every six years, it makes complete commercial sense as an objective. So matches may be influenced. That doesn't mean they will bust a gut to stop a particular club.

They may want United and Liverpool at the top for commercial reasons. Sensible. So matches may be influenced but it may not always be possible.

They may want a close competition without one club running away with the title. Sensible commercially. So matches may be influenced, but they can only do so much.

And plenty more reasons besides. Surely there can be no doubt that some matches are influenced by different refereeing between games, even between sides in the same game?

Black and white again.

There can be match-fixing for many reasons other than stopping City. The PL may want a new name on the trophy every six years, it makes complete commercial sense as an objective. So matches may be influenced. That doesn't mean they will bust a gut to stop a particular club.

They may want United and Liverpool at the top for commercial reasons. Sensible. So matches may be influenced but it may not always be possible.

They may want a close competition without one club running away with the title. Sensible commercially. So matches may be influenced, but they can only do so much.

And plenty more reasons besides. Surely there can be no doubt that some matches are influenced by different refereeing between games, even between sides in the same game?
They would also sooner have 5 nail biting title races even if we win every one than 5 seasons where a team runs away with it every time and the title is over by March

A Wolves fan in the office is totally and utterly convinced that referees are routinely biased against Wolves and that they purposely allowed Leeds to win at the weekend. Won't be persuaded otherwise.

Players have been corrupt

We are talking about referees.

If a Premier League ref was bent it would be the biggest story of the year.

I’d be fucking delighted if some of them were outed. But it needs evidence.

And by evidence I mean evidence that can get a ref charged, not some crackpot saying he has secret recordings every week or telling us John Colqhoun is the puppet master fixing world football but with fuck all to back it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.