PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We are talking about referees.

If a Premier League ref was bent it would be the biggest story of the year.

I’d be fucking delighted if some of them were outed. But it needs evidence.

And by evidence I mean evidence that can get a ref charged, not some crackpot saying he has secret recordings every week or telling us John Colqhoun is the puppet master fixing world football but with fuck all to back it up
OK, what about answering my questions
Do you think football is 100% clean, no match fixing whatsoever?
Do you think football has a problem with gambling?

A Wolves fan in the office is totally and utterly convinced that referees are routinely biased against Wolves and that they purposely allowed Leeds to win at the weekend. Won't be persuaded otherwise.
Wolves to be fair were one of the teams I have noticed as getting a very bad rub of the green, only exception was the year they finish in European places. You should tell to catalougue the bad calls in videos. I watched some games where they wereclearly robbed. As for the leeds game, I wouldnt agree.

Every team gets bad calls,we all know that.

Last edited:
No doubt they'd need something more concrete but it's also worth noting that after Everton complained so vigorously about Clattenburg's refereeing in the 2007 Merseyside derby at Goodison, they succeeded in getting him banned from reffing any Everton games for a full 7 years afterwards. Now I'm not sure Everton were in any possession of any evidence pointing to Clattenburg being biased against them (although some of his decisions were dodgy as fuck in that match) but by complaining they got him removed from any of their games for a very lengthy period of time. And while I say fair play to them for succeeding in that, it's unfair on all the other clubs who had to put up with Clattenburg reffing their games during that 7 year spell.

Oh, and fast forward a couple of years from that 2007 derby debacle to one of Hughes's last matches in charge of City before he was sacked - a 3-3 draw at Bolton. That was a match reffed by Clattenburg too and he wrongly gave Bellamy a second yellow card for diving when any fucker at that end of the pitch could clearly see that he was fouled. What followed after that match were a series of revelations by City's management staff about comments made by Clattenburg around that game, which if true would've presented a clear case of him being biased against us when reffing that match. Much of that story has now been largely forgotten - not least because Hughes was sacked a week later and that became a much bigger story - but I remember hearing about it at the time and thinking if it had substance then there's no way that prick should be anywhere near a football field.
I remember that too.
Crappenburg allegedly made some comments to Bellamy prior to the match in the tunnel too and one of their goals was allowed to stand despite it being miles offside.
Afterwards Hughes commented on the ridiculous sending off and said something about Crappenburg's integrity.
IIRC he was up for an FA charge but was sacked before the hearing.
Also remember some appalling performances by Crappenburg such as Spurs at Home in 2015/16 with the laughable penalty he gave against Sterling and Arsenal at Home in 2010/11when he sent Boyata off after 5 minutes.

Wolves to be fair were one of the teams I have noticed as getting a very bad rub of the green, only exception was the year they finish in European places. You should tell to catalougue the bad calls in videos. I watched some games where they wereclearly robbed. As for the leeds game, I wouldnt agree.

Every team get bad calls,we all know that.
Yes, every team gets bad calls but their fans only watch their own games so haven't got a true insight into how it compares with other teams. They remember the bad but not the good too.

I really do believe that City's owners talk softly but carry a big stick. There have been various refs and officials who have been quietly moved on elsewhere who have crossed us in the past. They can't all be coincidences.
When i was young there was a phrase. An iron fist in a velvet glove. Pretty sure that's how we play it. No good getting aggressive and angry in public, keep calm and fuck the rest. Our time is coming....

A Wolves fan in the office is totally and utterly convinced that referees are routinely biased against Wolves and that they purposely allowed Leeds to win at the weekend. Won't be persuaded otherwise.
My cousin is a Wolves fan,he went on Saturday to 'The Golden Palace' (as he calls it), He brother calls it 'The Custard Bowl' , and said they were the better side but the ref was awful. I've heard that too often

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.