PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We are talking about referees.

If a Premier League ref was bent it would be the biggest story of the year.

I’d be fucking delighted if some of them were outed. But it needs evidence.

And by evidence I mean evidence that can get a ref charged, not some crackpot saying he has secret recordings every week or telling us John Colqhoun is the puppet master fixing world football but with fuck all to back it up

:) You seem to know a lot about his beliefs

I sense something of a logical issue here. Presumably you believe the club's board and management when they say they have irrefutable evidence of the club's innocence. I imagine you do that because you value their professionalism, honesty and integrity. But then they also think the FIF guy is reliable enough to pay for his analysis. So which is it? They are gullible and crazy for being associated with the FIF guy? Or they are professional people of integrity who should be believed?

Personally, I trust the management to make the right decisions in the club's interests. If that involves paying the FIF guy for his analysis, I trust there will be value in that as well.

It's part of why we needed Pep in charge.

The biggest risk is always incidents around your own goal. Pep keeps us up the other end of the pitch and we keep the ball, so it reduces the chance of red cards.

Reduces though, doesn't get rid of.

We still don't get penalties we should, get called for minimal contact at times (eg Haaland at Anfield) and get dodgy decisions against us (Rashford). But the way we play minimises it, and makes it so that if a ref really wants to do us over, they have to do something ridiculous, something 'clear and obvious'.
i would say the rashford incident was clear and obvious wouldn't you
with webb saying it wouldn't be given now

i agree though our style is such that we are too good most games for refs to edge against us

I doubt this is true.

The PL and PGMOL would want actual proof of corruption from reputable sources not from an internet conspiracy theorist. Not least Walton who would be entitled to a throrough and proper investigation by a tribunal/panel or else he could sue.

He would also not be employed by a sports broadcaster.
Is this the same PL who have charged us with corruption through false accounts, without any actual proof?

There’s a very long Guardian article about refereeing which is quite interesting but also contains some nuggets such as Marriner saying that Rooney’s overhead goal in the derby was his favourite moment as a referee and a clear implication that England was pressured by City players and the crowd into giving the late penalty against Fulham. The article is slanted towards the earlier penalty and red card for Cancelo being correct and City’s penalty an error without any evidence for this

I remember that too.
Crappenburg allegedly made some comments to Bellamy prior to the match in the tunnel too and one of their goals was allowed to stand despite it being miles offside.
Afterwards Hughes commented on the ridiculous sending off and said something about Crappenburg's integrity.
IIRC he was up for an FA charge but was sacked before the hearing.
Also remember some appalling performances by Crappenburg such as Spurs at Home in 2015/16 with the laughable penalty he gave against Sterling and Arsenal at Home in 2010/11when he sent Boyata off after 5 minutes.
In a later match when Clattenberg was fourth official, we were getting beat at home by someone (can't remember who), Gareth Barry was subbed to bring a striker on to try and save the game, as Barry was leaving the pitch Clattenberg made some snide comment to Barry and goaded him because City were losing, Barry told him to fuck off - Clattenberg reported the incident to the match referee and Barry got a one or two game ban.

In a later match when Clattenberg was fourth official, we were getting beat at home by someone (can't remember who), Gareth Barry was subbed to bring a striker on to try and save the game, as Barry was leaving the pitch Clattenberg made some snide comment to Barry and goaded him because City were losing, Barry told him to fuck off - Clattenberg reported the incident to the match referee and Barry got a one or two game ban.
The list is endless, Spurs away 2015/16, 1 nil up and allowed an equaliser which was literally 10 yards offside to stand just before half-time.
DeMichelis asked him why he had let it stand on the way off at half-time and Crappenburg booked him.
The non-penalty in the 6-1 at the swamp was another classic Crappenburg moment.
Wasn't he banned for several years due to dodgy business dealings too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.