PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m getting confused here. So we now have match fixing by LFC and Utd and their friendly refs, Asian betting gangs paying off refs and players ( including John Stones ). Meanwhile John Colqhoun is also the Mr Big fixing matches for everybody !!

Meanwhile despite there supposedly being a mountain of evidence its all brushed under the carpet.

Why do we bother watching when it seems every game is decided in advance ?

The loons have taken over the asylum. I’ll leave this thread to the flat earth tinfoil hat army and have a look again when’s it back about the PL charges we face.
Let me ask you a couple of simple questions, requiring a one word answer.

1) Do you believe that refs just make genuine mistakes 100% of the time and that no player has ever deliberately done something that they know will, or is likely to lead to, an opposition goal. Yes or no?

2) Do you believe that someone like Ferguson had no influence whatsoever om the appointment or conduct of referees? Again, yes or no?

IMO every professional sport is bent at some level, either through fixing, drugs, tactics or in team sports, playing a weakened team, through to administrators making deals in the background. This is evidenced through the advent of FFP set up by people in power with one intention, to stop City and owner investment. The only sports you will see that are not tainted are those sports played by primary school children.
So if anyone thinks football is not bent along with other professional sports then let me know if I can get the 53 bus to that utopia;-)
It would not surprise me in the slightest if the odd incident or even the odd game is fixed. Two particularly well respected posters are amongst those who seem to believe this to be true. I don’t recall all the detail (and don’t care to do any more research) but Grobellaar (?) seemed bang to rights for deliberately letting in goals (distinctly remember the footage of him carefully palming a shot into his own net) and there was footage of him accepting a brown envelope but somehow he wriggled out of it. George Graham’s plastic bag of cash. Didn’t Shilton similarly have a bag of cash iirc. And of course the Sheffield Weds scandal in the 1960s. I don’t believe it to be endemic but I would believe it to be occasional. As I’ve said before, along with others, just because someone says something that’s batshit crazy it doesn’t mean that everything they say is crazy and once in a while they may be bang-on. It’s too easy to shut down things as nutty conspiracy theory nonsense but an open mind is always better than a closed one.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if the odd incident or even the odd game is fixed. Two particularly well respected posters are amongst those who believe this to be true. I don’t recall all the detail (and don’t care to do any more research) but Grobellaar (?) seemed bang to rights for deliberately letting in goals (distinctly remember the footage of him carefully palming a shot into his own net) and there was footage of him accepting a brown envelope but somehow he wriggled out of it. George Graham’s plastic bag of cash. Didn’t Shilton similarly have a bag of cash iirc. And of course the Sheffield Weds scandal in the 1960s. I don’t believe it to be endemic but I would believe it to be occasional. As I’ve said before, along with others, just because someone says something that’s batshit crazy it doesn’t mean that everything they say is crazy and once in a while they may be bang-on. It’s too easy to shut down things as nutty conspiracy theory nonsense but an open mind is always better than a closed one.

Anyone watching Robinson's performance for Fulham against Arsenal recently would think WTF. First he scored a dubious own goal which was ruled out for offside. Second his weird defending for their second goal had to be seen to be believed. Not only did he not jump or challenge but he ducked under the ball. This is a defender everybody rates highly. Odd.

Maybe watch how it was done in the NBA, subtle & the important stat is 80% win rate despite having a corrupt official. So despite having a corrupt official they can still lose 20% of their bets.

They decided what fouls to see, & which players are protected.

I remember the season of our first title win in the new era we were away at Chelsea in early December. We hadn’t lost all season. Mario put us 1-0 up after 2 minutes and then after about 15 Silva was fouled in the box for an absolute stonewall pen. Clattenberg didn’t give it. Then though the game he gave a lot of fouls for City without giving yellows and gave yellows against City for similar fouls. Eventually he sent off (I think) Clichy for two yellows and gave them a soft penalty. We lost 2-1.

The next morning i was driving to work and Talksport was on. They had some guy from one of the betting companies on and he said the a very big bet had been put on a Chelsea win very shortly before kick off.

They moved on very quickly and didnt go back to what he had said.

It wasn’t difficult to work out what was going on even then. With the benefit of hindsight it just seems fucking obvious.
We were all over them that game and I clearly remember the non pen on David , we taught them a football lesson that first half , agree , refs are as fucking bent as a Uri Geller spoon

Let me ask you a couple of simple questions, requiring a one word answer.

1) Do you believe that refs just make genuine mistakes 100% of the time and that no player has ever deliberately done something that they know will, or is likely to lead to, an opposition goal. Yes or no?

2) Do you believe that someone like Ferguson had no influence whatsoever om the appointment or conduct of referees? Again, yes or no?
1) Players have been bent in the past. Many years ago I was told the full story of the Grobelaar case including the evidence that couldn’t be presented in Court by somebody that was very very close to that case. But that was in day when wages were a fraction of what PL players earn now.

If there is evidence in this era of bent players then let’s see the evidence - and betting patterns in Asia is not sufficient evidence.

2) Influence over refs terrified to make decisions at certain stadiums and against certain managers is not match fixing. They aint getting paid for bent decisions. They are simply weak refs not up to the job.

2) Influence over refs terrified to make decisions at certain stadiums and against certain managers is not match fixing. They aint getting paid for bent decisions. They are simply weak refs not up to the job.
3) they the refs just made sure they were the offical in all the big games because funnily enough the rags always managed to get to finals in big games

1) Players have been bent in the past. Many years ago I was told the full story of the Grobelaar case including the evidence that couldn’t be presented in Court by somebody that was very very close to that case. But that was in day when wages were a fraction of what PL players earn now.

If there is evidence in this era of bent players then let’s see the evidence - and betting patterns in Asia is not sufficient evidence.

There is a old saying.
It doesn't matter how much you earn, but how much you spend.
Just because players earn more today, doesn't mean they spend less.
Your theory that corruption, match fixing has stopped because people earn more money nowadays is just a fantasy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.