PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I understand the media is infested with rags and dippers, but I will never understand, from a business point of view, how they promote the agenda against us... they've put all their money on the gruesome red twosome instead of playing the long game!
We know what their fans are like... they have very little self esteem and love having their egos stroked, to make them feel relevant when they're not... and they put us down at every opportunity to pacify the nobheads...
However, I always feel that if they had 'played the long game' with City – promoted us in a very positive light, it would have been win-win for company's like Sky... instead of fearing losing their fans they would have recruited more blues... they could have added another huge amount of fans to financially exploit.

I agree regarding their short term thinking, but the media whores follow the quick and easy money.

Converting these parasites to the positives which City have brought to the game is not an attractive option for most of the " journalists " and they remain entrenched in pushing their narrative of the "evil force of our ownership" which is fodder for the braindead hoardes.

Of course we'll recover if we're cleared. Fuck what our haters say - their bitterness and jealousy is nothing new

The thing is the last time with the Uefa court case we were cleared of any wrongdoings But fined for not releasing our books on time to them or something like that, Even something along the lines of time-barred So everybody still fought we were guilty and it stuck, and the media still ran a witch hunt with both and not Manchester city cleared of any wrongdoings,

Now with the Premier League case being led by the media, It will be impossible to clear our name once and for all,

Fuck what our haters say - their bitterness and jealousy is nothing new

The Damage is killing us on the global market with the Tag of cheaters, Yes our club's own media team does a great job on that part, But our success both on and off the field should sell itself, but the truth is, its the money and cheaters that get brought up first,

It's all very contradictory, not as though I am personally in favour of this system but surely the idea of private investment, is just that, investors use their own money in hope of a return. This FFP and all the surrounding nonsense is about sustainability from other sources, fans, etc. Regarding state ownership, isn't true that our energy companies are owned by other countries.
All very weird.

The thing is the last time with the Uefa court case we were cleared of any wrongdoings But fined for not releasing our books on time to them or something like that, Even something along the lines of time-barred So everybody still fought we were guilty and it stuck, and the media still ran a witch hunt with both and not Manchester city cleared of any wrongdoings,

Now with the Premier League case being led by the media, It will be impossible to clear our name once and for all,

The Damage is killing us on the global market with the Tag of cheaters, Yes our club's own media team does a great job on that part, But our success both on and off the field should sell itself, but the truth is, its the money and cheaters that get brought up first,
I'm actually not sure this is true any more. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, they all been involved in various "scandals" or financial situations and is doesn't seem to harm their profiles.

People need to remember that a bitchy tweet from a 16 year old armchair Man United fan does not represent the court of public opinion. We are growing like mad on the international markets, not least because of Haaland, and that will increase when we win the champions league. For kids it's goals and glory that count.

I'm actually not sure this is true any more. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, they all been involved in various "scandals" or financial situations and is doesn't seem to harm their profiles.

People need to remember that a bitchy tweet from a 16 year old armchair Man United fan does not represent the court of public opinion. We are growing like mad on the international markets, not least because of Haaland, and that will increase when we win the champions league. For kids it's goals and glory that count.
Without a doubt outside of Europe no one cares about the charges and our profile has never been better, but, I still maintain our reputation and status has suffered badly in the UK and in a lot of Europe.

this will never go away, will it,
the Damage has been done already by the Media the Rags scum and we are guilty end of the story,

I don't see how we can ever recover from this, even if we are found innocent, the money would have bought the verdict and we are bent fullstop
I agree with you apart from the fact I would use the word eradicate instead of recover.
I wouldn’t be surprised if seeking as much reputational damage was the sole MO all along.
It won’t go away and our best way forward imho is to not rise to the bait from other fans, insulate ourselves and laugh at the insecure piss boiling.

Agree with that. Some people seem to give far too much importance to what bored kids in Africa and Asia have to say on Twitter than anything that actually matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.