PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Which makes you wonder what the Premier League's motivations are in all this.

If they've already seen UEFA have their arses handed to them in a very similar court proceeding, why would the Premier League then choose to follow in those exact same doomed footsteps?
It to appease their members (namely the redtops) and to show the government they can police their own house. If they try no one can accuse them of not trying. City seemed confident when the UEFA charges were levelled at us, they seem EXTRA confident this time; that is good enough for me.

It to appease their members (namely the redtops) and to show the government they can police their own house. If they try no one can accuse them of not trying. City seemed confident when the UEFA charges were levelled at us, they seem EXTRA confident this time; that is good enough for me.
But if this all ends in the Premier League taking a comprehensive pounding in court, then will that really enhance their reputation as a respectable and competent body?

Say what you like about the Premier League, but the public image they have carefully cultivated over many years now is one of slickness and coordination. It would be very surprising if they were suddenly carefree and foolish enough to throw all of that away.

But if this all ends in the Premier League taking a comprehensive pounding in court, then will that really enhance their reputation as a respectable and competent body?

Say what you like about the Premier League, but the public image they have carefully cultivated over many years now is one of slickness and coordination. It would be very surprising if they were suddenly carefree and foolish enough to throw all of that away.
I get it, you are worried. However no matter how slick and coordinated appear the EPL come across UEFA are bigger so why should they be anymore successful? Also I am not so sure losing a court case will damage them that much in the long term.

I get it, you are worried. However no matter how slick and coordinated appear the EPL come across UEFA are bigger so why should they be anymore successful? Also I am not so sure losing a court case will damage them that much in the long term.

Unless we file a court case for defamation by accusing us of committing fraud.

Very much like how 1 company is suing Fox in the US for defamation by accusing them of committing fraud. They are suing for 1.6 BILLION.

I'm sure City could sue for much more than that! And since we likely have the receipts.. we could get a judgment that would really damage the EPL and those teams who have a vendetta against City.

But its only if we have the balls to go to court!

And I am also sure the British Government will not be very impressed with the PL basically saying the Abu Dhabi Deputy PM is lying , cheating and allowing his business to commit fraud, especially with the Billions that the UAE and Abu Dhabi invest in our Nation.

And I am also sure the British Government will not be very impressed with the PL basically saying the Abu Dhabi Deputy PM is lying , cheating and allowing his business to commit fraud, especially with the Billions that the UAE and Abu Dhabi invest in our Nation.

Sorry, are you talking about the British government that for years has lied, cheated and allowed its cronies to commit fraud themselves? I don't think the moral high ground is all that high in this case

Hardly a glowing endorsement though
Correct but we only have that route to defend ourselves because our owners concentration on fiscal matters only and ignoring baseless allegations has been upset by the very Organisation it has contributed so much to.

Unless we file a court case for defamation by accusing us of committing fraud.

Very much like how 1 company is suing Fox in the US for defamation by accusing them of committing fraud. They are suing for 1.6 BILLION.

I'm sure City could sue for much more than that! And since we likely have the receipts.. we could get a judgment that would really damage the EPL and those teams who have a vendetta against City.

But its only if we have the balls to go to court!
That assumes we will sue the Premier League

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.