PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My memory may be failing me here but I am sure I read on this thread some time ago that the final decision couldn't be appealed to the High Court? Times article concludes it can do and says City are prepared to go to the Supreme court
Stefan touched on this in the tweet. If you're applying rules retrospectively I think there is a case for the high court to get involved (because it would be an issue with the procedure/process) but the facts/evidence whether or not we broke the rules isn't a job for the high court.

Generally rules and laws are not applied retrospectively, for example Building regulations with the exception of rule changes that have clear safety or environmental implications even then there is a normal grace period, it's against natural justice to charge someone for breaking a rule or law that did not exist at the time, like retrospectively charging people for not wearing seatbelts before the rule came in making them mandatory

Generally rules and laws are not applied retrospectively, for example Building regulations with the exception of rule changes that have clear safety or environmental implications even then there is a normal grace period, it's against natural justice to charge someone for breaking a rule or law that did not exist at the time, like retrospectively charging people for not wearing seatbelts before the rule came in making them mandatory

This appears to be a rule brought in to request access to information. Clubs now have to share more information with the Premier League due to this rule.

They're then using to rule to request information prior to the rules inception.

As you mention in your example I think the same should apply here.

The rule should only be valid for information after the rules inception. - I imagine this point is going to be argued by both sides in court.

Stefan touched on this in the tweet. If you're applying rules retrospectively I think there is a case for the high court to get involved (because it would be an issue with the procedure/process) but the facts/evidence whether or not we broke the rules isn't a job for the high court.

Also an explanation why we have not given them access to documents they legally don't need to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.