PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Once bitten and all that?

Remember when Uefa said we could discount wages prior to 2010 for FFP and then decided to change the rules and factor them in so we were fucked.

Another example of Premier League trying to cover all the bases and having studied the CAS proceedings.

Slightly different I think. UEFA's rules covered a three year monitoring period, so the current year the rules were changed and two previous years. I can imagine them getting away with that. Shady as fuck but not without (some) reason.

The PL can't change rules in 2023, though, and then say they apply to pre-2018, or even to requests made pre-2023, if that is indeed what they have done. I guess the club and its directors know what they are doing. The people involved just won a 440 million lawsuit from Madrid, so I think they can handle the PL.

Last edited:
I would have thought that being part of the Premier League establishment (Chair of the Premier League Judicial Panel) was a rather more germane objection than him being an Arsenal supporter. It can hardly be an independent process if someone closely associated with one of the parties is chairing the panel.

What amazing timing for a leak.

I doubt the PL will want to take this all the way to the Courts, things can get very nasty indeed, and the potential to bankrupt the league is always there (lawyers are not cheap )

I could also imagine pressure being applied by the UK government to make this go away
If the P/L withdraw their accusations, could CITY sue the P/L for defamation?

If the P/L withdraw their accusations, could CITY sue the P/L for defamation?
I would doubt they would or would want to, the PL is the water we swim in

I still maintain that this whole charade is nothing but an attempt to tarnish the Club and it's achievements

My suspicion is before it gets too nasty and dirty washing is being displayed all over the place, political pressure will be applied to make this all go away, the PL is worth a lot of money to the British Economy and not forgetting the links between governments

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.