PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

City should ask for Ric Parry instead. ;-)

The reigning Premier League champions are believed to be disputing both the legality of the charges brought against them and the barrister in charge of the process.

According to the Times, the dispute has arisen in relation to changes in the English top-flight's rules, with the six-time champions of the belief that they should not apply to investigations into alleged rule breaches before their introduction.

In addition to that, the club are believed to have challenged the involvement of Murray Rosen KC - a self-proclaimed supporter of City's direct title challengers Arsenal.

Rosen is the barrister at the head of the Premier League's independent judicial panel - the person in charge of appointing a chair for the disciplinary commission with rules allowing him to appoint himself.

We do need this to go away.
I do really hope that transfer plans and stadium plans somewhat means we are in no danger to get any punishment out of this bt this looks far from over.

Still no idea if this is something that closes by the start of new season or if it takes 3 years more. apparently if we question this Arse fan guy, their 3 man comitte probably had not even started to look at things.

Overall while this was a horrible outcome of whatever investigation PL did for 4 years, it kind of woke City up after the world cup, since these new broke we are on an incredible run, more together than ever, 3 wins from historical treble. it gave us an additional power, motivation imo.
they probably timed it to crush our season before CL run, few points behind in the league etc, and it worked out bit differently.

The best team this league has ever witnessed,no better advert for the Premier League brand......and these cunts still want to fuck us over.

Sad,desperate,short sighted,cunts.
And then you see that rag mouthpiece Evra on OUR pitch dismissing us without a care in the world.
It is laughable.

These charges are symptomatic of huge fault lines opening up in European
football. The Super league has not gone away. Real, Barca and Juve are
in battle in the European Courts to overthrow the UEFA monopoly on club
competition. They've created this A22 organization to co-ordinate their
actions.

If you read their manifesto, they've taken all the criticism thrown at the European Super League v1.0 and are now spinning a new improved politically correct product. Ultimately they want their own broadcast rights, and they want the huge potential revenues from their own streaming services. Real and Barca have global fan bases that could help them to become the most powerful clubs again, as they were pre Premier League.

My guess is in five years the PL as we know it today will not be the primary club competition for certain English clubs it will be secondary, a bit like the Carabao cup is now. All the clubs are jostling for financial supremacy, City are an enormous threat to them, we know all the reasons why. Whatever happens we should have enough clout to be at the top table. What this all means for supporters of a certain vintage, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Agree with you. If we have irrefutable evidence surely it doesn’t matter who it is.
The law is about interpretation. It 100% matters who the arbiters are.

Can you imagine the noise if Curly Watts, Moonchester, or Beany the Horse were installed as the Judges?

This is how I feel about an Arsenal club member & season ticket holder holding our future in his hands. A guilty verdict immediately benefits his beloved Arsenal.

It's a clear conflict of interest, & if this process wasn't bent from the outset, this fella would have recused himself from the off, instead of City having to make an application for him to be removed.

Another orchestrated attack on the club by all the red top ex players and "journalists" today. Funny, we must be within touching distance of the unthinkable. Bothered? Not in the slightest. I'm just giving it right back to them.

It's not in our interest or theirs to do that. Neither party wants this to get messy.

I actually think this challenge by City is an open door invitation to make it all go away.

Premier League can say we did lodge charges but City didn't turn over the information and City can say we weren't obliged to turn over that information but here's our publicly issued accounts and here's all the information post rule change...

Maybe I'm blindly optimistic but there is a way out for both sides here.

On the basis of the limited info in the articles, surely this challenge would relate to the failure to cooperate charges this season (22/23) more than anything else.

If we say the new rules don’t apply to the investigation as it predates the implementation of those rules then we can’t be in breach of those rules.

Think this is a well timed smear myself, frames our recent results in a certain light and implies we’re going the technicality route again.

We should care, because otherwise it won't disappear, it will be there forever, as you point out above.
We need to show that the whole fucking thing was a witch hunt and the PL were manipulated by the hatefuls to try to bring us down.
I believe Pep has already annunciated the list of NINE reasons on his fingers for the whole world to see.

Anyone with half a brain knows the agenda at play here, so who GAF what those people who support the NINE think?!

As has been said repeatedly, if it not one thing, it’s another. With people like Delaney out there, a supposed sports journo, it is all so biased and agenda-filled it has become a literal joke!

Get on with life and hopefully boil some piss along the way. We are currently riding the wave of “Best Team In The World!” from anyone and everyone who has watched us recently.

If they’d just listen to the song, they’d have already known, but seeing is believing, and they have ALL now seen it with their own eyes…and simply cannot ignore us any longer!

The ONLY issue now is the media has set us up for a fall if we DON’T pull off the Treble!

Amazing, huh?!

How far this club has come in one generation of strong ownership, excellent club management, and hiring the best coaches in the world, has been amazing to watch!

CTID!

These charges are symptomatic of huge fault lines opening up in European
football. The Super league has not gone away. Real, Barca and Juve are
in battle in the European Courts to overthrow the UEFA monopoly on club
competition. They've created this A22 organization to co-ordinate their
actions.

If you read their manifesto, they've taken all the criticism thrown at the European Super League v1.0 and are now spinning a new improved politically correct product. Ultimately they want their own broadcast rights, and they want the huge potential revenues from their own streaming services. Real and Barca have global fan bases that could help them to become the most powerful clubs again, as they were pre Premier League.

My guess is in five years the PL as we know it today will not be the primary club competition for certain English clubs it will be secondary, a bit like Carabao cup is now. All the clubs are jostling for financial supremacy, City are enormous threat to them, we know all the reasons why. Whatever happens we should have enough clout to be at the top table. What this is means for supporters of a certain vintage, I'm not sure.
Said it before, if the ESL said they would introduce a price cap of say £40 on all ticket prices they would win over people like me v UEFA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.