PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Seeing the reaction to last nights success make me wish the club will come out all guns blazing and take no prisoners.

I don’t mean by just hiring the best lawyers to clear us of all charges because it’s quite clear that even if we are 100% innocent that there is a large majority of opposition supporters and journalists fuelling all this bile that there will be accusations of “paying them off” or “getting off on a technicality”.

People are stupid and we were guilty the minute we were charged as these idiots don’t understand any of it and just assume charged = guilty.

If we are innocent then there needs to be a simplified reference point to shoot down anyone who is still thick enough to cry cheats, not the complicated findings from CAS as again it is idiots we are dealing with.

If we win a challenge against the legality of the charges this will inevitably be spun as us getting off on a technicality won’t it?
Or that we have all the money in the world to make it go away, the snipers will always have something to come back at us with. We will never win in the eyes of opposition fans and that is what they set out to do. Win or lose this and we are guilty either way.

My memory may be failing me here but I am sure I read on this thread some time ago that the final decision couldn't be appealed to the High Court? Times article concludes it can do and says City are prepared to go to the Supreme court
We can't appeal against the substance of any decisions but as I understand it we can appeal to the court if we believe the process itself was flawed. And bias would be part of that flawed process.

I do wonder if we're just flexing our muscles here without seriously expecting to win this argument. Like a manager who moans about not getting refereeing decisions to try to influence future ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.