PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We can't appeal against the substance of any decisions but as I understand it we can appeal to the court if we believe the process itself was flawed. And bias would be part of that flawed process.

I do wonder if we're just flexing our muscles here without seriously expecting to win this argument. Like a manager who moans about not getting refereeing decisions to try to influence future ones.
I’ve posted this a few times. It can got to the civil courts. Look up the Kieran Fallon case for the explanation why

The law is about interpretation. It 100% matters who the arbiters are.

Can you imagine the noise if Curly Watts, Moonchester, or Beany the Horse were installed as the Judges?

This is how I feel about an Arsenal club member & season ticket holder holding our future in his hands. A guilty verdict immediately benefits his beloved Arsenal.

It's a clear conflict of interest, & if this process wasn't bent from the outset, this fella would have recused himself from the off, instead of City having to make an application for him to be removed.
I’m personally not convinced that the fact he is an arsenal fan prevents him from being fair and impartial. The club are tho. So fair dos

If the P/L withdraw their accusations, could CITY sue the P/L for defamation?
If it plays out they have or are legally forced to drop a high number of the charges the publicly laid this is very helpful as it puts in the mind of the tribunal the motives for bringing the case. It was to damage us and chucking the kitchen sink at us for no reason merely underlines this

I would doubt they would or would want to, the PL is the water we swim in

I still maintain that this whole charade is nothing but an attempt to tarnish the Club and it's achievements

My suspicion is before it gets too nasty and dirty washing is being displayed all over the place, political pressure will be applied to make this all go away, the PL is worth a lot of money to the British Economy and not forgetting the links between governments
Whilst it is an undeniable fact that we swim in the P/L water, I don't think it is right that we should be confined to swimming in that bit of water into which sewage is discharged......

I’m personally not convinced that the fact he is an arsenal fan prevents him from being fair and impartial. The club are tho. So fair dos
If your life was on the line & there was a noose dangling in front of you, would you be comfortable with your accusers best mate being the judge?

Fuck that! I'd want an independent, professionally qualified expert with no affiliations to either side to adjudicate.

We have laws about impartiality & interests for very good reason mate...

i think this could be some sort of jiggery pokery going on the premier league sees us get off on a technicality so dont lose face and city dont give a fuck as we are in the clear win win for both

i think this could be some sort of jiggery pokery going on the premier league sees us get off on a technicality and city dont give a fuck as were in the clear win win for both
I have no doubt but we all know this was nothing to do with rule breaking but an attempt to set the narrative to taint the club, and in a way they have succeeded

If he’s on the premier league‘s payroll, that might though.

As per the Times article:

“Murray Rosen KC, the head of the Premier League’s independent judicial panel, as the person who appoints the chair of the disciplinary commission — under the rules he can appoint himself.”

I have no doubt but we all know this was nothing to do with rule breaking but an attempt to set the narrative to taint the club, and in a way they have succeeded
Have a quick look on Twitter today. If the PL announced that we are completely exonerated and have done nothing wrong at all, 90% of the bellends out there would refuse to believe it. They've already succeeded in tainting the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.