PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I would love to know the difference in prize money earned over the last 10 years between us and the Rags, they keep banging on about how our revenues shouldnt be anywhere near theirs but they tend to talk about attendances, sponsorship and shirt sales.

1. We have finished above them consistantly for over 10 years, Earned more prize money.
2. We have been in the CL every year for the last 10 years, they haven't. Earned more Prize Money.
3. They think they get all the money from shirt sales, they don't Adidas pay them a fixed fee, Adidas get the rest.
4. Sponsors see we are on the up and want to be associated with success, our revenues have been increasing while theirs are stagnating.
5. Attendance, fair enough lets say they get 20,000 more per home game @ £50 a pop = £1 million per game, lets say they play 25 home games a season = £25 million.

I read somewhere that by getting to the CL semi, you get in the region of £130 million, given we are getting there on a regular basis of late while the rags have struggled to even qualify then we must have earned significantly more.

Anyway, fuck them.
We’ve eclipsed them mate , and no fan in Bangladesh paying 2 quid for a replica shirt for the next ten years will put a dent in this clubs turnover , they’re the thickest , most entitled club in world football , how many times have you heard those cunts say “we are the biggest club in the world?”
Amazing , when RM totally take the piss out of them on all levels.
There is only a certain life span that an Alex Ferguson dildo battery lasts for - the trouble is with those cunts is they keep putting in weaker and weaker batteries.

But this isn't specifically about egregious breaches of PL rules. So the PL know Mancini had a side contract with Al Jazeera but that's not a problem in itself. If he performed the duties required by that contract then there's no problem. They'd have to have evidence that someone said it was a sham and designed to pay him under the table. I doubt they've got that. It's rarely that cut and dried, as we saw at CAS.

And most of it is for show.
The issue with Mancini's contract is complicated by the rules changing during his contract. In the first year we are charged with not filing his contract with the Premier League. Presumably we did otherwise it wouldnt take 10 years to discover. Logically then the allegation is that the contract was false as we didn't include payments made to him via Al Jazeera which we will probably argue we didn't need to do. but then aren't there some documents in Der Spiegel suggesting we paid his Al Jazeera contract? In any event from memory there was no rule that we had to include all payments made to him although I think there are in year 2 or 3 of his contract

You only have to look on Social Media, or listen to the radio phone-ins... the fans whinging about the accusations and our success are Liverpool, United and Arsenal fans... they're not bothered about "fairness" they're just sulking because they don't win anything anymore!

Just read this on the net

May 18, 2023 6:37 pm (Updated May 18, 2023 7:15 pm)

Manchester City have launched a legal challenge to the Premier League’s 115 charges for alleged breaches of financial rules.

Following an emphatic Champions League semi-final victory against Real Madrid on Wednesday night the club are on course for an astonishing Treble that has not been witnessed in England since Manchester United in 1999.

But they are also competing under the cloud of a series of alleged rule breaches spanning from 2009 to 2023, including nine seasons of breaking financial regulations and a further five seasons of failing to co-operate with the Premier League’s investigation.

The Premier League referred the findings of its investigation to an independent commission in February but an outcome is expected to take several years. i revealed at the time that the commission has the power to strip City of their previous Premier League titles. City won six Premier League titles between 2011 and 2022 during a period the club’s Abu Dhabi owners invested billions into the team.

The Times reported on Thursday that Manchester City are disputing the legality of the Premier League’s near five-year investigation and the involvement of the barrister overseeing the process.

Murray Rosen KC is head of the Premier League’s independent judicial panel and has publicly stated his affiliation to Arsenal.

Manchester City did not respond to a request for comment on the development when contacted by i. The Premier League declined to comment.

sorry just read the last 10 pages …. Bit slow today. In other news the Titanic sunk.

Last edited:
As I understood it both parties wanted this done in private, so whos leaking this? Interesting propaganda.
Who knows? You could argue that both parties can see some benefit in doing so. I'd guess more likely to be one of the redshirt clubs who have an insider in the PL - there are plenty of those, no doubt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.