PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m personally not convinced that the fact he is an arsenal fan prevents him from being fair and impartial. The club are tho. So fair dos

He's not just an Arsenal fan though, he's a "member" and, (assuming he doesn't mean "member" in the shareholder sense), by way of guide to what that means, a "Platinum" member at Arsenal avails themselves of the following benefits

As a Platinum Member you will enjoy:

• Ticket access to every competitive men's first team fixture including Premier League, Emirates FA Cup, English League Cup and European matches at Emirates Stadium
  • Complimentary official matchday programme and half-time drink
  • A team of dedicated account managers throughout the season
  • Opportunity to upgrade your Membership to include seasonal dining in one of our exclusive Members-Only Clubs
  • Access to the new My Arsenal Rewards programme
Additional Benefits:

• Ticket transfer to guests electronically
  • Sell your Platinum tickets to other Arsenal Members
  • Buy away tickets (in line with the club's ticketing policy)
  • Enter ballots for Domestic Cup Semi-Final and Final tickets
  • Set your dining and hospitality preferences online
  • Get priority access to other Emirates Stadium events
  • Access selected, exclusive Member events all season
  • Save 10% on retail purchases
Whilst there's no indication that he doesn't pay the going rate for the benefits he receives, that is someone with more than a passive interest in the wellbeing of Arsenal football club. To save any suspicion at all that the process is less than "independent", he should have stepped aside. That is especially the case after the infamous cartel letter on Arsenal headed paper.

But to charge someone you must be confident you have enough information. I thought you would be 100% sure you have evidence you need
But this isn't specifically about egregious breaches of PL rules. So the PL know Mancini had a side contract with Al Jazeera but that's not a problem in itself. If he performed the duties required by that contract then there's no problem. They'd have to have evidence that someone said it was a sham and designed to pay him under the table. I doubt they've got that. It's rarely that cut and dried, as we saw at CAS.

And most of it is for show.

Last edited:
That would be great but nothing is clear cut. Mcfc is a business and as a business we will have pushed the rules to breaking point. Nothing new but we also don’t want to be giving the league any info that can be deemed damaging.
All businesses push and massage the rules , every PL club look for angles wether it be football or “normal” businesses. Whether it be avoiding tax from one financial year to the next , but the bottom line is you have to be legal with the back up to be provided if necessary, I’d say City are water tight tbh , funny how the club /PL have leaked this story after one of the biggest games in this clubs history - and remember, you can’t cheat on the pitch. Cunts the lot of them , it’s always been about tainting this club from day one. It’s looking like the PL have nowhere to hide with this one - are they that stupid that they could put thousands of local jobs at risk , and future jobs if they “win”. Get to fuck to our detractors, this club is the envy of world football. And those cunts over the road , if they get Qatari investment will have invented the “model” because they were forced in to it because of big bad City. Anyway , I’m going watching last nights highlights for the thousandth time !

I hope that this nonsense gets shut down before pep leaves us.
Never. It is in fact because he's here and turning the PL on its head that we are getting this.

Undoubtedly it stops when Pep leaves and he, the club know that. It's why he said he definately isn't leaving.

Depends on what information they used to issue the charges.

It certainly wasn't any accounting information we submitted as that would have been audited and the charges would have come about a long time ago.

If they've done it from the leaked information then they may well need a lot of information from us and we may not have to provide it.
Seems to support people's suspicions that the charges were rushed and they are unable to back them up hence the need to try to find something else they don't currently have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.