PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You only have to look on Social Media, or listen to the radio phone-ins... the fans whinging about the accusations and our success are Liverpool, United and Arsenal fans... they're not bothered about "fairness" they're just sulking because they don't win anything anymore!
Yep, it’s mostly Liverpool, United and Arsenal. Other fans know they can’t compete with the likes of us and the rest of the top 6 so they probably quite like to see City winning the league instead of those self entitled club.

Just read this on the net

May 18, 2023 6:37 pm (Updated May 18, 2023 7:15 pm)

Manchester City have launched a legal challenge to the Premier League’s 115 charges for alleged breaches of financial rules.

Following an emphatic Champions League semi-final victory against Real Madrid on Wednesday night the club are on course for an astonishing Treble that has not been witnessed in England since Manchester United in 1999.

But they are also competing under the cloud of a series of alleged rule breaches spanning from 2009 to 2023, including nine seasons of breaking financial regulations and a further five seasons of failing to co-operate with the Premier League’s investigation.

The Premier League referred the findings of its investigation to an independent commission in February but an outcome is expected to take several years. i revealed at the time that the commission has the power to strip City of their previous Premier League titles. City won six Premier League titles between 2011 and 2022 during a period the club’s Abu Dhabi owners invested billions into the team.

The Times reported on Thursday that Manchester City are disputing the legality of the Premier League’s near five-year investigation and the involvement of the barrister overseeing the process.

Murray Rosen KC is head of the Premier League’s independent judicial panel and has publicly stated his affiliation to Arsenal.

Manchester City did not respond to a request for comment on the development when contacted by i. The Premier League declined to comment.
Good - we are T war.

I would love to know the difference in prize money earned over the last 10 years between us and the Rags, they keep banging on about how our revenues shouldnt be anywhere near theirs but they tend to talk about attendances, sponsorship and shirt sales.

1. We have finished above them consistantly for over 10 years, Earned more prize money.
2. We have been in the CL every year for the last 10 years, they haven't. Earned more Prize Money.
3. They think they get all the money from shirt sales, they don't Adidas pay them a fixed fee, Adidas get the rest.
4. Sponsors see we are on the up and want to be associated with success, our revenues have been increasing while theirs are stagnating.
5. Attendance, fair enough lets say they get 20,000 more per home game @ £50 a pop = £1 million per game, lets say they play 25 home games a season = £25 million.

I read somewhere that by getting to the CL semi, you get in the region of £130 million, given we are getting there on a regular basis of late while the rags have struggled to even qualify then we must have earned significantly more.

Anyway, fuck them.
I've tried a few times to work it out but I always get disturbed and lose interest. I think we've earned around £60mil so far just for getting to the final. And if we win it I think there's an extra £20mil to add to that. I have no idea how much we would get on top of that from tv money and Isn't there the coefficient rankings pool money share as well??

i think this could be some sort of jiggery pokery going on the premier league sees us get off on a technicality so dont lose face and city dont give a fuck as we are in the clear win win for both
As others have touched on if the PL continue with this hostile line towards city and its not resolved yoid have to think it might be the end of the road for the PL in it's present format. City aren't going to put up with this shit forever like threatened relegation and they are a very big draw card across the world now as Snr Perez seemed to be acknowledging last night. Maybe they will finish up in a different competition entirely where they don't have these trumped up charges hanging over them.

This has gone on so long that I sometimes forget what our so called “cheating” is.

Am I right in saying that the accusation is that our owners weren’t allowed to put as much money in their own business as they would have liked to? So they invented sponsorship from so called third parties.

Serious question. If I am correct then of course the crime is that a cartel tried to stifle competition.

I always thought it was a sure fire score that City would submit an appeal based on the chair of the inquiry's support for Arsenal
Also I wonder if the club's challenge concerning the 'legality' of the charges is related to time barring?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.