PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

tbh I thought they had notified us. Pep was talking about those 8 clubs that asked for this before the charges dropped. I thought it was strange but then it became clear.

And I think the "115 charges" (Most used phrase now by our rivals) boil down to 4 or 5 and 90% of them have been written off by City leaving 1 or 2 that might stick.
They rang Sorriano didn’t they, as the news broke in the media via a clearly (allegedly of course) pre-briefed Martin Ziegler. The stuff about 90% of the charges being written off was bollocks wasn’t it, or at least in as much as whilst City might think they’re without merit, it doesn’t mean the PL agrees

Nothing personal, but I fear that’s real flight of fancy stuff. You honestly think the public, having been egged on by the rag and dipper stooges in the media for the better part of 5 to 10 years, will roll over and accept a closed doors fudge?
I wouldn’t bet against it mate. I like any blue wants us cleared as quick as possible but I would not be surprised to see us talking about this in 5/10 seasons from now. The judge has already told the premier to get on with the case or fuck off. The gov paper coming out combined with red pressure has us in this position.

Throwing out another theory based on that tweet.

The ‘face saving’ ship sailed away over the horizon the day the PL chose to present their case to the world in clickbait form (115 charges, when really it’s about 8 or 9….I think), without even notifying us. The red shirted press stooges have then played a part in further taking the PL’s case to a place where compromise is no longer possible, because the loss of face involved would be catastrophic.
It’s a full on fight to the death mate
absolutely bang on 100%, we'l walk from this im sure and one day on the thread title in brackets it will say (City cleared page ????) the PL then have to be sued for damages and the clubs that have assisted in the smear campaign along with sections of the press

In addition to rulling out charges prior to introduction of the rules, City are are also believed to have challenged the involvement of Arsenal fan Murray Rosen KC, the head of the Premier League’s independent judicial panel, as the person who appoints the chair of the disciplinary commission. Technically he could also appoint himself in that role.

The fact City are going to court on the basis of these points shows more staggering ineptness by the Premier League (PL).

City will win the case to rule out charges for breaking the rules PRIOR to introduction of the rules. English law is pretty clear on that point.

The BIG problem for the PL is English Judge's HATE frivolous charges just to cloud the reputation of a defendant which could materially affect the judgement in the other part of the case in City's favour.

The fact the PL got 10 of the charges wrong in the first instance wasn't a good start, this is showing a trend.

Last edited:
absolutely bang on 100%, we'l walk from this im sure and one day on the thread title in brackets it will say (City cleared page ????) the PL then have to be sued for damages and the clubs that have assisted in the smear campaign along with sections of the press
We won’t be taking any action against them that’s not how it works

What is more likely to happen is both sides will retreat to a point that is acceptable to both which won’t be punitive and the whole thing will disappear

There has been damage done to the clubs image reputation, and that is what this is all about

I wouldn’t bet against it mate. I like any blue wants us cleared as quick as possible but I would not be surprised to see us talking about this in 5/10 seasons from now. The judge has already told the premier to get on with the case or fuck off. The gov paper coming out combined with red pressure has us in this position.

Throwing out another theory based on that tweet.
Don’t quite think that’s what he said was it? I think he expressed his surprise at the time it was all taking, but those delays were widely attributed to City contesting every single point possible and not co-operating, weren’t they?

It’s a delicious thought, but sadly not one that will ever happen. Others more erudite than me have explained why loads of times

He's not just an Arsenal fan though, he's a "member" and, (assuming he doesn't mean "member" in the shareholder sense), by way of guide to what that means, a "Platinum" member at Arsenal avails themselves of the following benefits

As a Platinum Member you will enjoy:

• Ticket access to every competitive men's first team fixture including Premier League, Emirates FA Cup, English League Cup and European matches at Emirates Stadium
  • Complimentary official matchday programme and half-time drink
  • A team of dedicated account managers throughout the season
  • Opportunity to upgrade your Membership to include seasonal dining in one of our exclusive Members-Only Clubs
  • Access to the new My Arsenal Rewards programme
Additional Benefits:

• Ticket transfer to guests electronically
  • Sell your Platinum tickets to other Arsenal Members
  • Buy away tickets (in line with the club's ticketing policy)
  • Enter ballots for Domestic Cup Semi-Final and Final tickets
  • Set your dining and hospitality preferences online
  • Get priority access to other Emirates Stadium events
  • Access selected, exclusive Member events all season
  • Save 10% on retail purchases
Whilst there's no indication that he doesn't pay the going rate for the benefits he receives, that is someone with more than a passive interest in the wellbeing of Arsenal football club. To save any suspicion at all that the process is less than "independent", he should have stepped aside. That is especially the case after the infamous cartel letter on Arsenal headed paper.

And aren’t Bird and Bird - who have led the PL ‘investigation’ Arsenal’s retained legal counsel ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.