PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Predictably as ever, a good result ends with questions on the integrity of the game again. I wouldn’t actually be opposed to any model that makes the game more equitable, but that means universal salary caps and a playoff system to ensure a mix bag of winners.

But no one is advocating that, particularly those who support Man Utd or Liverpool. Income based salary cap like the one in La Liga is what they want. The irksome part is journalists who write about FFP don’t really highlight this.

I guess it depends on your interpretation of “fairness”.

Don’t quite think that’s what he said was it? I think he expressed his surprise at the time it was all taking, but those delays were widely attributed to City contesting every single point possible and not co-operating, weren’t they?
General jist of it -:)

Does it matter who is delaying the progress? Either way all I was suggesting is that it could go on for a long time based on the tweet and that may just suit both parties.

We do need this to go away.
I do really hope that transfer plans and stadium plans somewhat means we are in no danger to get any punishment out of this bt this looks far from over.

Still no idea if this is something that closes by the start of new season or if it takes 3 years more. apparently if we question this Arse fan guy, their 3 man comitte probably had not even started to look at things.

Overall while this was a horrible outcome of whatever investigation PL did for 4 years, it kind of woke City up after the world cup, since these new broke we are on an incredible run, more together than ever, 3 wins from historical treble. it gave us an additional power, motivation imo.
they probably timed it to crush our season before CL run, few points behind in the league etc, and it worked out bit differently.
I agree we need it to go away.
Let's hope they have learnt that escalating things with the 115 charges has just unified fans. Manager. Team and owners to become a formidable force.
Any further escalation may result in true polarity of the PL away from reflective glory into tota opposition to the global influence City are having on football.
In short counter productive to their original aims. They should cut their losses and realise the winds of change have altered their importance.

Am I reading this wrong or does this mean we shouldn’t be punished for breaching rules that didn’t exist until after we breached them?? In which case fucking obviously

The changes in the PL rules look to be about providing documents they want to see. I guess we are saying you can't bring in a new rule, and then use it retrospectively, to gain access to documents you're not entitled to see. If they are still trying to get hold of old documentation, then maybe they don't have much of a case and are fishing, which is absolutely something we should fight legally.

The changes in the PL rules look to be about providing documents they want to see. I guess we are saying you can't bring in a new rule, and then use it retrospectively, to gain access to documents you're not entitled to see. If they are still trying to get hold of old documentation, then maybe they don't have much of a case and are fishing, which is absolutely something we should fight legally.
Obviously it’s fucking ludicrous and exactly what we’ve suspected about the pl for years. Imagine changing a 40mph road to 30mph and then charging everyone you have on record driving at 39mph before the limit changed! Their damage is done though the court of public opinion has decided we’re guilty because they can’t stand us winning. Hope we sue for damages and ruin the cartel while we’re at it. Let’s have a deep dive into their accounts and see how squeaky clean they are

True but when the club tell everyone we have irrefutable evidence then i hope thats true? i would prefer the club didnt have to use anything to in a sense get away with things on a technicality?

Everything is a technicality. You can’t charge accuse someone of rule / law breaking where it goes against said rules & expect it to be successful. It’s the fact the media can paint us in the wrong by saying “they only got off on a technicality.”

Civil case would be dodgy, would it not? Balance of probability v burden of proof or are we regarding the PL hearing as a kangaroo court?
Nope. English law is pretty clear on the point that you can't be charged for an offense that wasn't illegal when the alleged offense occured. English judges hate it - and consider it to be an attempt to damage the defendants reputation.
By coupling this issue with the possibility of a hostile prosecutor could severely damage the PL's overall case for a guilty verdict.
The PL are in full amateur hour mode which is good news.

Last edited:
Looking at where all the outrage is coming from and its purely the red shirts......the hypocritical cunts spent money like it was going out of fashion for years,they kept themselves in positions of power and influence and were happy to shit on any other clubs that showed any ambition at the same time.

As soon as a genuine threat arrived on the scene they changed 'the rules' and moved the goalposts in an effort to block it/us......yet we are the ones being accused of cheating and underhand methods......these self serving classless fuckers have no shame and no honour......and that runs deep,from their self entitled support to their greedy boardrooms.

We are smashing them on the field and we will smash them off it.

This might be the outcome both parties would be happy with. Drag it out for years and years and years and then a joint statement in very small letters stating the case is closed erm behind closed doors. The premier can’t be blamed for not doing anything and city can claim a victory of sorts. By the time it actually comes around no body will remember what all the fuss was about.

Premier will have tarnished city’s reputation while also appearing competent and appeasing the cartel clubs. More and more likely that this is just the next stage. It has taken them years to get to this point. 10 years from now it will be hidden under the return of Jeremy Kyle or some shit like that.

For City fans, we all want the truth to prevail and the good name of MCFC to be restored. Might not get that if it continues to drag on for 4/5 years.

Meanwhile we clean up for another 10 season -:)
Why would we be happy to drag this out?

If it does drag out then our evidence may not be as irrefutable as we claim.

This needs sorting and quickly ( Sadly the legal profession does not know the meaning of quickly) for everyone involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.