PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not torture for me. Even if they give us a fine I will take great pleasure in knowing the pain it causes our rivals (They will call us cheats even if we're found totally innocent anyway!)

I do think we are where we are with City on the verge of a treble, due to this shit theyve thrown at us. It makes us stronger.

Exactly. We should aim to fuck them over in as many ways possible if that's the case.
We'd be pissing in our own pool if we did that.

Better to just have them withdraw the charges, bury the incident and move on.

We'd be pissing in our own pool if we did that.

Better to just have them withdraw the charges, bury the incident and move on.
Yeah, I get that mate but if they're taking the piss and applying new rules retrospectively then we've got every right to call them out on it and threaten them with legal action.

I trust the club when they say that they have irrefutable evidence of no wrongdoing just as I did in the run-up to the CAS hearing. Can't deny I was still nervous though, and if it turns out that these charges are indeed bullshit then hopefully it does get buried

I guess they might be arguing that if City paid Mancini for his second job that should have been shown in the accounts we submitted to the Premier League. Not FFP related, but supplying false information. But good luck with proving that.
That may be so but the obvious person to speak to is Mancini. He states no one has ever bothered to do that. If there only evidence is the front page of Der Spiegel they are going to look stupid when this goes 'to court' and Pannick whisper 'you do know Mr Mancini is sat outside don't you'

Not torture for me. Even if they give us a fine I will take great pleasure in knowing the pain it causes our rivals (They will call us cheats even if we're found totally innocent anyway!)

I do think we are where we are with City on the verge of a treble, due to this shit theyve thrown at us. It makes us stronger.
Agree completely in fact as you say City have prospered off and on the field in spite of their attempts to rule change against us.
It is now in their interests to get it resolved quickly. City are quite happy to let it ferment whilst concurrently the red plus teams are becoming increasingly financially vulnerable.
Lets see how long the UK media can continue to back the wrong horses.

The PL must surely understand that this could serve to push our supporters & club towards the ESL & it’s the greedy cartel clubs driving it, no wonder the Scouse owners have done an about turn & the Glazers are looking to hang in there, there’s a massive sub-plot to them just trying to harm our legacy or see us fined & tainted. They want a weaker, just glad to be one of the boys City, joining them in a revamped version of the ESL, one where we’re controlled & kept in line

Reactions: Pam
The PL scatter gun charges revealed their desperation to find something, anything they could use to sanction City. This was after multiple threats and persistent harressment by the Gang of Four. But the PL botched it, numerous errors were found in the charges by posters on here, let alone what our Lawyers have found. If the CPS made those errors against a citizen all charges would be dropped immediately, but the PL is similar to a private members club. Although their disciplinary committee is not subject to the same standards as English civil law the implications of any sanctions would be. This will not be resolved before the UKGOV takes over as the Independent football regulator. At that point the sorry mess designed by the Gang of Four will be revealed for what is, a witch hunt and a Kangaroo court.

I have mentioned this before, but any organisation acting in a quasi-judicial way must follow the rules of Natural Justice or risk having their decision quashed by the High Court.

The concept includes the following principles:

• A person accused of a crime, or at risk of some form of loss, should be given adequate notice about the proceedings (including any charges);
• A person making a decision should declare any personal interest they may have in the proceedings;
• A person who makes a decision should be unbiased and act in good faith. He therefore cannot be one of the parties in the case, or have an interest in the outcome. This is expressed in the Latin maxim, nemo iudex in causa sua: “no man is permitted to be judge in his own cause”;
• Proceedings should be conducted so they are fair to all the parties – expressed in the Latin maxim, audi alteram : “let the other side be heard”;
• Each party to a proceeding is entitled to ask questions and contradict the evidence of the opposing party;
• A decision-maker should take into account relevant considerations and extenuating circumstances, and ignore irrelevant considerations;
• Justice should be seen to be done. If the community is satisfied that justice has been done they will continue to place their faith in the courts.

Note the third point in particular. It explains why City are questioning the choice of 'judge'. Quite correctly in my view, although I am no lawyer to say so. It seems to me that the judge(s) should preferably have no connections to football at all, but certainly not to PL rivals with an interest in the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.