PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Don't forget the role played by the horse!
Pantomime-Zebra-Two-Person-10-MAS312990D.jpg

I say a quote over on the Caf where they are discussing the charges, one guy is talking about revenue and how we can be anywhere near matching their numbers, one point he made is that they have a worldwide fan base of millions where we proberbly have maybe 100k.

So lets think about that, 1 in every 2 City fans in the world attend every home game? Do they honestly believe the shit they come out with, the biggest issue they miss is that they can't let go of us being some little club. Like they have failed to recognise how we have transformed the team they have also failed to see what we are doing on a global basis in growing the club.
probably 75% of their fanbase never put a penny into the club

I know for a fact that 75% of the rags I know who live near me don't put a penny into the club and they live less than 8 miles from the shithole

While you are here PB, what is your view on the wording of the first set of breaches?

"provision by a member club to the Premier League, in the utmost good faith, of accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position".

There is no requirement that annual accounts be accurate, as far as I know, only that they show a true and fair view. Certainly, no annual accounts I ever audited were accurate in all respects, but as long as the true and fair view given by the accounts wasn't impaired, they got a clean audit report nevertheless. And the PL handbook doesn't talk about accurate financial information either, only about annual accounts with an unqualified audit opnion, and certain other information (interim/forecasts) prepared on the same basis. So what are they getting at with this "accurate" comment, do you think?
I agree that's there's no specific requirement in the PL rules re "accurate" or "true and fair" accounts but the latter falls within the normal requirement for audited accounts. You've obviously read the relevant rules, as I have, and I'd guess that they're potentially referring to sponsorship revenue that (in their view) is disguised equity investment. Well, on the basis of the CAS hearing, I simply can't imagine them landing that breach.

I originally thought it also included charge 2, regarding player & manager remuneration, but then why wouldn't they include that in the first charge? In the case of those payments, I've said I don't think they'd be classed as material.

Like me, you've audited accounts and there's no real concept of "accurate", as you say. There's various accounting treatments and interpretations that can be applied to things like revenue and stock. I audited a brickworks, where the annual stocktake always seemed to happen on the day before I was told to turn up. Now they were never going to count every single brick but came to an approximate number, which I'd either accept, or query and we'd agree a compromise, but how "accurate" was that?

So as I said, I'd guess it's about disguised equity investment, which they presumably claim has been treated as revenue rather than a balance sheet item.

I say a quote over on the Caf where they are discussing the charges, one guy is talking about revenue and how we can be anywhere near matching their numbers, one point he made is that they have a worldwide fan base of millions where we proberbly have maybe 100k.

So lets think about that, 1 in every 2 City fans in the world attend every home game? Do they honestly believe the shit they come out with, the biggest issue they miss is that they can't let go of us being some little club. Like they have failed to recognise how we have transformed the team they have also failed to see what we are doing on a global basis in growing the club.
Nor can they monetise those billions of fans.

Millions of fans worldwide, the vast majority of whom buy knock off shirts and other merchandise that puts the square root of fuck all into the rags' coffers.

Not even fans. It was a credit card survey from one of their sponsors, MasterCard.

The question was had you heard the name Manchester United?

560m apparently said yes. For context, Kim Kardashian has almost 100m followers across her socials.

I've heard of plenty of things I know fuck all about!

Not even fans. It was a credit card survey from one of their sponsors, MasterCard.

560m apparently said yes. For context, Kim Kardashian has almost 100m followers across her socials.

I saw one guy interviewed in the Far East. When asked which team he supported, he said:
”Manchester.”

Another one was "Have you ever watched a Manchester United match on TV?" If any of us had been asked that we'd have all said yes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.