PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

From United's accounts :
The Annual Report contains industry, market and competitive data that are based on the industry publications and studies conducted by third parties listed below as well as our own internal estimates and research. These industry publications and third party studies generally state that the information that they contain has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, although they do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information. While we believe that each of these publications and third party studies is reliable, we have not independently verified the market and industry data obtained from these third party sources. While we believe our internal research is reliable and the definition of our market and industry are appropriate, neither such research nor these definitions have been verified by any independent source.
References to our "659m followers" are based on a survey conducted by Kantar Media (a division of WPP plc) and paid for by us. As in the survey conducted by Kantar Media, we define the term "followers" as those individuals who answered survey questions, unprompted, with the answer that Manchester United was either their favourite football team in the world or a football team that they enjoyed following in addition to their favourite football team. For example, we and Kantar Media included in the definition of "followers" a respondent who either watched live Manchester United matches, followed highlights coverage or read or talked about Manchester United regularly. Although the survey solicited unprompted responses, we do not distinguish between thoe respondents who answered that Manchester United was their favourite football team in the world and those who enjoy following Manchester United in addition to their favourite football team. Since we believe that each of our followers engage with our brand in some capacity, including through watching matches on television, attending matches live, buying retail merchandise or monitoring the team's highlights on the internet, we believe identifying our followers in this manner provides us with the best data to use for purposes of developing our business strategy and measuring the penetration of our brand. However, we expect there to be differences in the level of engagement with our brand between individuals, including among those who consider Manchester United to be their favourite team, as well as between those who enjoy following Manchester United. We have not identified any practical way to measure these differences in consumer behaviour and any references to our followers in this Annual Report should be viewed in that light.

More like he's been groomed to choose himself for this particular hatchet job.

Eh, a few weeks ago you were saying the case had effectively collapsed and would be wrapped up in no time, before that were saying it was as good as done and City weren’t assed at all, yet now apparently Rosen is going to be judge, jury and executioner of a hatchet job….

Eh, a few weeks ago you were saying the case had effectively collapsed and would be wrapped up in no time, before that were saying it was as good as done and City weren’t assed at all, yet now apparently Rosen is going to be judge, jury and executioner of a hatchet job….

Nothing mutually exclusive, as is my own opinion.

City believe 95 per cent of the charges are already off the table and convinced a resolution will be far quicker.

My opinion of Rosen and this whole fishing expedition is a hatchet job.

Not even fans. It was a credit card survey from one of their sponsors, MasterCard.

The question was had you heard the name Manchester United?

560m apparently said yes. For context, Kim Kardashian has almost 100m followers across her socials.

I've heard of plenty of things I know fuck all about!
Kim Kardashian’s huge arse has 99m followers - and it’s own gravitational field !

Nothing mutually exclusive, as is my own opinion.

City believe 95 per cent of the charges are already off the table and convinced a resolution will be far quicker.

My opinion of Rosen and this whole fishing expedition is a hatchet job.
From the point of view of a KFA, Rosen’s now their fall guy (or “leading the charge for justice” if you’re a rag or scouser) - they’ve passed the buck to him. FWIW I’d be amazed if he showed any lack of scruples or integrity - he’d be ruined. I know City have objected to him but that’s just the nature of this fight.

You'd have thought Scousers would know better than most the mantra innocent until proven guilty, eh?

Unless of course, it concerns a team who has bested them out of sight for the last six years.

They were 2nd best for only 2 of our 5 titles. The other 3 was not them. I refuse to bow to this 'consistently the top two teams in the country' they try to spout.

From United's accounts :
The Annual Report contains industry, market and competitive data that are based on the industry publications and studies conducted by third parties listed below as well as our own internal estimates and research. These industry publications and third party studies generally state that the information that they contain has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, although they do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information. While we believe that each of these publications and third party studies is reliable, we have not independently verified the market and industry data obtained from these third party sources. While we believe our internal research is reliable and the definition of our market and industry are appropriate, neither such research nor these definitions have been verified by any independent source.
References to our "659m followers" are based on a survey conducted by Kantar Media (a division of WPP plc) and paid for by us. As in the survey conducted by Kantar Media, we define the term "followers" as those individuals who answered survey questions, unprompted, with the answer that Manchester United was either their favourite football team in the world or a football team that they enjoyed following in addition to their favourite football team. For example, we and Kantar Media included in the definition of "followers" a respondent who either watched live Manchester United matches, followed highlights coverage or read or talked about Manchester United regularly. Although the survey solicited unprompted responses, we do not distinguish between thoe respondents who answered that Manchester United was their favourite football team in the world and those who enjoy following Manchester United in addition to their favourite football team. Since we believe that each of our followers engage with our brand in some capacity, including through watching matches on television, attending matches live, buying retail merchandise or monitoring the team's highlights on the internet, we believe identifying our followers in this manner provides us with the best data to use for purposes of developing our business strategy and measuring the penetration of our brand. However, we expect there to be differences in the level of engagement with our brand between individuals, including among those who consider Manchester United to be their favourite team, as well as between those who enjoy following Manchester United. We have not identified any practical way to measure these differences in consumer behaviour and any references to our followers in this Annual Report should be viewed in that light.
WTF we all know they are SCUM, what a load of shit,

From the point of view of a KFA, Rosen’s now their fall guy (or “leading the charge for justice” if you’re a rag or scouser) - they’ve passed the buck to him. FWIW I’d be amazed if he showed any lack of scruples or integrity - he’d be ruined. I know City have objected to him but that’s just the nature of this fight.
FWIW, I think we have been quite shrewd in the challenge to him, It puts more focus on him in regard to his input on any marginal decisions. He may now be subject to increased scrutiny in his decision making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.