PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think you might find that this is a spoof, he seemed to be responding to a rag who’d made up a similar post but with guilty verdicts! I assumed that he was just illustrating that it’s easy to make things up! Howeve, I may have misunderstood.
If you click on the post, you can see that he replies to a couple of posts underneath, and the reality is that it's pretty much what we've heard before.

First post underneath is from @FiftyShadesMCFC

"All hearsay at moment. We did hear apparently all charges merged into 4, with 3 getting dropped and remainder will be dropped in court.

Probably take 2 years I reckon"

He replies:

"I’m hearing same. Red shirted clubs will be well miffed"

Two years and still potentially going to court, is a lot less dramatic than the original post. Still - I'm guessing he's a member on here, so could always clarify.

Interesting that Everton were charged with breaches after City, also that the specifics haven’t been laid out where every man and is dog is salivating about 115 charges for us. Everton do actually have a hearing date pencilled in for October, why is there not one for City yet? Are they not confident of what evidence they have to fuck us over with?
I think you are correct
If the PL had much on us they would have set the wheels in motion by now.
(See my earlier posts).

As noted a couple of posts above, about ten weeks ago, the President of the UAE "with the approval of the UAE Federal Supreme Council, ... [appointed] Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Minister of Presidential Court, as UAE Vice President, alongside His Highness Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai".

The Abu Dhabi newspaper The National says that Mansour will now be working with the President and the other Vice President. I haven't researched what he'll be doing, but on the face of it it seems like a big step up from his previous role.
They haven’t said what he will be working on. Not sure if this new post carries any executive power.

As if someone on twitter would know such stuff.

Whoever told him that, heard it from someone else, who heard it from someone else...

Sounds believable because it echos things said on here but don't believe things just because you want it to be true.
A bit like rags and dippers thinking 'next year is their year.....'

I always think this kind of thing is overplayed - the World is full of respected businessmen who are up to all sorts of shenanigans. From what I can see, especially those with British honours, who work closely with the Government.

But I do see your overall point - there is far too much made of the City ownership, and I suspect a huge amount of that is simply because this country is full of Liverpool and United fans (because anyone who is over 18 grew up with one or the other as the team to follow if you wanted "your" team to win trophies).
It’s all they can really have a go at tbh - apart from the tired empty seats jibes. I agree the point about respected businessmen who definitely have to “push the boundaries” at the very least. On the point regarding British honours/Government, I spent a few years involved in large infrastructure developments in various Countries and in terms of “shenanigans”, projects in South and East Asia and Africa were on an eye-watering scale! The UK is well towards to very top end of Countries ranked by low levels of corruption. Our Sheikh has known nothing other than fabulous personal wealth and wouldn’t involve himself in anything grubby. Definitely overplayed.

It’s all they can really have a go at tbh - apart from the tired empty seats jibes. I agree the point about respected businessmen who definitely have to “push the boundaries” at the very least. On the point regarding British honours/Government, I spent a few years involved in large infrastructure developments in various Countries and in terms of “shenanigans”, projects in South and East Asia and Africa were on an eye-watering scale! The UK is well towards to very top end of Countries ranked by low levels of corruption. Our Sheikh has known nothing other than fabulous personal wealth and wouldn’t involve himself in anything grubby. Definitely overplayed.
I am sure he's a stand up bloke, but not sure that's an argument that wins based on past history of fabulously wealthy people ;)

I prefer to keep it simple:

Cheating = spending as much as United and Liverpool?

Sportwashing = given that this is likely to be raised by someone frothing about human rights (with very little knowledge), ask them how they think the whole sportswashing thing is going?

I don’t think we were found guilty of anything image rights related (as per @Prestwich_Blue ). However we closed down Fordham pre 2018
Where did I say WE were found guilty?
We weren't, but like lots of of othe PL clubs we could see Image Rights were/are an issue that HMRC would not let allow clubs/players take out of general taxation, so we got rid of our arrangements before we got investigated and paid back tax and interest accordingly.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.