PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

all of a sudden i feel very very confident these charges are now going to be dropped and a massive lawsuit hitting the red tops and premier lg for defamation, even possible 'and i think it has' gone political behind the scenes, get the cheque books out manure and dippers we need a couple of signings, sit back and light a big cuban up and watch it all unfold

Last edited:
I don’t think we were found guilty of anything image rights related (as per @Prestwich_Blue ). However we closed down Fordham pre 2018
UEFA held discussions with us in 2015 about the Fordham arrangements and they ended in 2018. I assume we reported all image rights payments after 2015. If there was any issue, UEFA would have charged us in 2019.

all of a sudden i feel very very confident these charges are now going to be dropped and a massive lawsuit hitting the red tops and premier lg for defamation, even possible 'and i think it has' gone political behind the scenes, get the cheque books out manure and dippers we need a couple of signings, sit back and light a big cuban up and watch it all unfold
Dream on pal. This is going the distance and, as usual, we'll suck it up, put make-up over the bruises and come back for more.

My straight answer is...

HH Sheikh Mansour is vice president and deputy PM of the UAE, he is also a respected businessman around the world, why would he feel the need to be cheating, on top of that, their culture is one of honour and to be caught cheating would be hugely shameful for him and Khaldoon as well.

The other thing that gets me about 'sports washing' is the things that they decide are or are not 'sports washing' I mean take horse racing for example, the Arab input into UK racing was seen as a huge plus and in fact, a saviour of the whole racing scene but buying Manchester City is most assuredly 'sports washing'.

It is odd that Sky sports goes down this route so much, considering the fact that one of HH Sheikh Mansour's companies partnered up with BSB to form Sky News Arabia

He owns the Abu Dhabi Media Investment Corporation (ADMIC) which partnered with British Sky Broadcasting to establish Sky News Arabia – a new Arabic-language news channel headquartered in Abu Dhabi.

I mean, you are either against Arab business or for it, unlike Sky who seem to want both slices of the cake.

He is also an Honorary Knight Commander of The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire since 2013, so again ok to get a British honour but not okay to buy a sports business in this country.

Anyways, I've rambled on too much lol

Not Guilty, M'lud is the expected call.
Pal
Thank u that's a gr8 reply

Dream on pal. This is going the distance and, as usual, we'll suck it up, put make-up over the bruises and come back for more.
You're normally more positive than that PB - I'm feeling less confident now if you think we're going to be 'bruised' as opposed to wiping the floor with the corrupt PL representatives

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.