PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I stand corrected.

He's a bit of a mystery isn't he?

9de9a01d-b576-4ccd-8359-790ae37f8d9a.jpg

Joe Lewis seen at a Tottenham game with Daniel Levy

Rarely seen watching spuds, given the shite footy that's hardly surprising.
Spends his life living on his boat in the Bahamas counting his money 1687342474353.png

Has anyone heard the rumour of City threatening to release the audio of the Fernandez VAR f*** up at Old Trafford in January? It did seem to get brushed over when Howard Webb went on his media tour a month ago.
Please let this be true.

Having a large fan base will be one factor as it will increase the exposure.

United v Liverpool will always attract good viewing figures for example worldwide.

I don’t think we have that just yet and if it was a 7th v 8th game, we would not get as many (or even a 1st v 2nd game with those 2 clubs I think more could watch). But that is not what is happening.

Success and the importance of the game we play in means that this year we must have played (and won) in the most viewed games.

City v Arsenal
City v United (FA Cup)
City v Real (CL semi)
City v Inter (CL final)

All my United/ Liverpool friends watched all of these games (probably hoping we lost).

But these are some of the biggest, most viewed games across the whole world this season.

The constant in that is City and also City winning, a sponsor would love to be associated with that.

The eyes of the footballing world have been on us this season.

To also take your view one step further (although not sure this is true anymore, I think they hate us with a passion).

As we a told our winning is hollow and no-one cares then our sponsors have all the exposure with no downside.

Where you speak about United fans not buying Team Viewer etc. just as they are sponsors. I can tell you my Dad would not buy any product associated with United (because he hates them). So if they where sponsored by Etihad and he wanted to go Abu Dhabi he would fly Emirates and take the hour commute.

Although he might be a unique case :-)
Definitely not, I refuse to buy anything associated with the rags and dippers. I also don’t own a single thing with the colour red, from my car to clothes, furniture, etc.

There’s was a Professor at the Manchester University who was a fanatical City fan (Howard, can’t think of his second name) who taught business and was the head of Commerce, engaged by worldwide companies. He was at a conference and a Sharp Japanese Director approached him and said “I believe you’re from Manchester, we sponsor your football team”. Howard replied “it’s not my team and your sponsorship is the reason I’ve not bought any of your products for the last few years and never will”.

Edit: I think it was Sir Howard Davies, just looked him up and he was a Director of the London School of Economics not Manchester, pretty sure it was him.

Last edited:
Fixed for you.

How many times have the rags been ripped off in a one horse race for a player? They even paid more (in transfer fees, wages or both) than had been demanded from City for players City had expressed an interest in but walked away from because the player/agent/selling club wanted stupid momey. Pogba, Sanchez, Ronaldo (second time round) and Fred as well as Maguire spring to mind as does the expression 'There's no fool like an old fool'.
Almost makes you think that City show interest in players just to ensure no bargains occur. Make others spend aggressively then reach our theoretical limit.
No we would t do that would we?

Spends his life living on his boat in the Bahamas counting his money View attachment 84055
Joe Lewis was trying to buy the company I worked for, 10 years until made redundant in 2009, pity he didn’t as it went down the shitter after that. Serves them right for binning me and many others from the Stockport base.

Spurs fans should hate their owners more than they hate us. Levy has, until recently, under-invested in their squad to a shameful degree.

I've posted this analysis before but the big 6 clubs generate a lot of free cash, which is revenue minus cash outgoings (wages, operating costs, etc). Typically, it'll be around £100m a year, give or take, for us. And Spurs will generate a fair whack. It was just over £100m last financial year.

The difference is that we re-invested pretty well all our free cash, plus transfer receipts, into our squad. Spurs, on the other hand, invested pretty well none of that. All their spending was solely financed by outgoing transfers.

Last edited:
They, and the equally deluded Liverpool fans, have this bizarre view that our revenue can't be bigger than theirs, because they have "more fans".

Even if we assume they have more fans (and evidence from social media numbers tends to dispute that) they can't get it into their pea-sized brains that there is no correlation between the number of fans and revenue. Possibly there's a view that a large fan base might be attractive to sponsors but I'd love to see some quantitative evidence of that.

United have DXC on their sleeve, who are an IT Service Provider formed by a merger between CSC and HP. I can pretty well guarantee that united fans haven't been rushing to sign contracts with DXC, or buy Team Vkeeper for their laptops. And I'm equally sure that Standard Chartered don't rely on Liverpool fans' accounts to keep their business going.

For these sponsors it's about exposure. The PL and CL are two of the most watched sporting competitions on the planet. Getting that exposure at a CL Final is like buying a Superbowl ad. This season was be our 12th consecutive season in the CL and our 13th consecutive season of finishing in the top 4 in the PL. We've won the PL 7 times to date and have now won the CL.

Etihad, and our other key sponsors, must be delighted. Because that's why they pay for the exposure.
Exactly this

CL final will have given sponsors exposure to about half a billion people worldwide

Wonder how many watched ‘nited in the Europa quarter final worldwide?

Therein lies a huge difference

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.