PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Post takeover the biggest advantage we had is they never believed that ADUG were serious resulting in complacency, they had guaranteed UCL income the cosy cartel didn’t have to try hard to make more money than the others. City swept past them on the blindside building a business with initial owner investment, appointment of first class executives who built an organisation second to none in football one that is built on a vision of sustainability and self financing. Connections in business are vital, powerful companies want to be connected with the sovereign wealth funds, they will see City has a way to stay close, for example SAP want the UAE business, sponsorship of City keeps them cosy. What is strange is that the others still don’t get that City are a different class. Rival fans refer to shirt sales they don’t understand the nature of the kit suppliers contracts. The new generation of fans don’t give damn who won the PL in the eighties/ nineties, those decades are as relevant today as the 20s and 30s, some weren’t even born now they see City with Haaland, Grealish and Foden as the ones to follow The videos on social media of the players celebrating, Jack and the others had fun and people love it, they have personality it’s no accident that the team have a strong bond. By all metrics City are becoming the biggest club in football and KAM has no desire to let us rest on our laurels. Long may it last that the likes of chuckle think it’s not possible for City to out-income the rags he really should know better as a businessman and club owner. The only weapon they seem to have is to sling mud at us with trumped up charges that won’t make a difference See the video of the UAE contingent arriving at the final not just Mansour as UAE Vice President but also the President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan they we’re met by Turkish President Erdogan wearing a City scarf. So not just business connections but also political Mansour attended Charlie’s coronation as UAE representative trade talks took place at the time
The others didn’t know who they were dealing with when the takeover happened and it seems nothing has changed and long may it last

Edit We are in safe hands if the celebrations of the young sheikhs are anything to go by

Spot on Gordy. Back in 2015, I got the chance to attend a Q&A with David Gill at my old school, which was celebrating its 500th anniversary. I got to ask the final question, which was what were the united hierarchy's thoughts when the takeover happened. His answer was that they took great interest in what was happening at the Etihad but felt secure in the fact that they were united and their position couldn't be challenged. He was very complimentary about the way we were run but then he came out with the now famous remark that "I'm no being arrogant but they'll never be bigger than us in Asia".

I couldn't believe my luck that my question elicited that answer, which was reported all round the world. Whether we're ever bigger than them in Asia or not, hardly matters now. We are the more successful team and have bigger revenues.

I wonder what his answer would be now, if I asked the same question?

See the video of the UAE contingent arriving at the final not just Mansour as UAE Vice President but also the President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan they we’re met by Turkish President Erdogan wearing a City scarf
Did that actually happen?! Genuinely not seen any footage of that, and would seem pretty inappropriate pre-match.

All this going on with Chelsea, Saudi Arabia, PIF & possibly Newcastle suddenly makes an alleged 3rd party payment to Mancini seem minuscule, no?

FFP has always been a joke, but if we receive any form on punishment when this shower of shit is happening so brazenly, even the biggest City hater (with half a brain) can see the hypocrisy.

Can I just say thanks to Saudi Arabia for doing sportwashing the right way. No growing a club through commercial and on field success. No creative accounting to stay within the cartel protection ffp rules. Fuck all that, let’s just buy any European player we want and make our own super league.

Mansour please take note. This could all have been avoided. No charges, no trying to stay within an impossible financial framework that shifted at the behest of a red shirt team.

I mean you are either sportwashing or you are not. Feel like we have missed an opportunity to send all unwanted players to Abu Dhabi. In for a penny in for a pound. Or maybe we are owed by an individual who just so happens to live in that part of the world. Who wanted to invest in a football club and by doing so make some money.

I guess we will never know…

Having a large fan base will be one factor as it will increase the exposure.

United v Liverpool will always attract good viewing figures for example worldwide.

I don’t think we have that just yet and if it was a 7th v 8th game, we would not get as many (or even a 1st v 2nd game with those 2 clubs I think more could watch). But that is not what is happening.

Success and the importance of the game we play in means that this year we must have played (and won) in the most viewed games.

City v Arsenal
City v United (FA Cup)
City v Real (CL semi)
City v Inter (CL final)

All my United/ Liverpool friends watched all of these games (probably hoping we lost).

But these are some of the biggest, most viewed games across the whole world this season.

The constant in that is City and also City winning, a sponsor would love to be associated with that.

The eyes of the footballing world have been on us this season.

To also take your view one step further (although not sure this is true anymore, I think they hate us with a passion).

As we a told our winning is hollow and no-one cares then our sponsors have all the exposure with no downside.

Where you speak about United fans not buying Team Viewer etc. just as they are sponsors. I can tell you my Dad would not buy any product associated with United (because he hates them). So if they where sponsored by Etihad and he wanted to go Abu Dhabi he would fly Emirates and take the hour commute.

Although he might be a unique case :-)
Rags played 1 maybe 2 big games last season, against us.

Dippers didn't really play any

Arse played 2, against us.

Did that actually happen?! Genuinely not seen any footage of that, and would seem pretty inappropriate pre-match.
The clip I saw was an astonished Erdogan , commenting that he didn't even know that the Sheik and Mansour had any connection to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.