PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Anything that hurts. Same as we'd do to them. I don't care tbh.

We actually won the treble, they can bleat all they want.
We hit the pinnacle in football but seeing this new narrative is like having those city haters on Twitter on blast. Pretty disgusting to be honest.

This is new football economy show I saw on YouTube. It’s lost credibility when the expert was shit talking the club saying we are not the biggest brand and if he went to part of world where no one heard of us they will know Liverpool, Man U, Barca and Real Madrid.

It took a turn about our treble win not being recognised because of the breaches.

Does anyone believe this? This first time I have seen this narrative being pushed in this way. Haters say things but that haters but this is something else.

Thoughts on this narrative?
I thought it was quite mild and two irrelevant blokes saying what they reckon. Nothing new and of zero interest to me but it might trigger someone else that cares I suppose.

I’m not offended. I barely care anymore. We used to talk about having the biggest floodlights when we were crap. Same thing.

Can I just say having read the 2000 or so threads on this subject can somebody actually say we are guilty of anything? I have to bat away accusations from all the twats over here who are all red top cunts who by the way know feck all about the charges(including me).
No one rly knows yet, lots of speculation both ways. City mgt seem confident and that’s all we can go on backed up with the CAS decision but you have to have some doubts in the back of mind that we may have slipped up somewhere whether intentional or not given the amount of time they’ve had to look into it.

This is new football economy show I saw on YouTube. It’s lost credibility when the expert was shit talking the club saying we are not the biggest brand and if he went to part of world where no one heard of us they will know Liverpool, Man U, Barca and Real Madrid.

It took a turn about our treble win not being recognised because of the breaches.

Does anyone believe this? This first time I have seen this narrative being pushed in this way. Haters say things but that haters but this is something else.

Thoughts on this narrative?
I would have never have heard of them if you had not posted it, not as though I had any intention of viewing it. Delete the crap.

That’s not what it’s for. Whoever funded this video - and chose to do so anonymously - knows full well that if the evidence before the independent panel that will decide these charges isn’t enough, some one sided video on you tube that just rehashes the same old shite isn’t going to tip the balance. In legal terms, the opinions of Harris, Delaney, Tebas et al has less evidential value than there is methane in a fly’s fart.

This video, let’s be clear, is a direct commercial reaction to the commercial threat posed by City’s on-field success. We all know that some fans just follow success. It’s why the rags and dippers hoovered up all those fans in the 80s and 90s. But if they can tarnish City’s image, promote the argument that our achievements are just the result of cheating, maybe the flow of new fans in our favour starts to slow down. Hence putting something on the biggest free access platform, and hence plugging it via useful fools like Piers Morgan and Simon Jordan.

The fact that someone has funded this video demonstrates that someone somewhere thought they had something to gain by funding it. If it didn’t benefit the La Liga duopoly, for instance, does anyone really think Tebas would feature in an anonymous YouTube video?

If you want to know who was behind it, as with so much else, just ask yourself who gains from it.
Potentially....

For all those stuck in the past convinced we’ll never overtake the Rags with brand value like Simkn Jordan & Gary Neville probably need to be reminded how these household names come from nowhere.

Success isn’t evidence of fraud but often innovation, investment & market changes.

The IBM 5150 was their biggest selling product for IBM or as I like to call it “Joe Jordan” in 1980.

386FA1A9-25B7-45F9-B2CF-AF5FF62827FC.jpeg

Whereas IBM are no longer in the top 10 & the Apple 14 pro max also known as “Erling Haaland” is.

Last edited:
Can I just say having read the 2000 or so threads on this subject can somebody actually say we are guilty of anything? I have to bat away accusations from all the twats over here who are all red top cunts who by the way know feck all about the charges(including me).

If you want a comeback just ask for anyone to summarise the evidence relating to a single one of those 115 charges. Just one.

Works every time for me. The answer I usually get is along the lines of “no smoke without fire” to which the answer is CAS thought otherwise.

At that point the conversation usually becomes “CAS were bribed” or similar. That is the point at which you know you’ve won.

If you want a comeback just ask for anyone to summarise the evidence relating to a single one of those 115 charges. Just one.

Works every time for me. The answer I usually get is along the lines of “no smoke without fire” to which the answer is CAS thought otherwise.

At that point the conversation usually becomes “CAS were bribed” or similar. That is the point at which you know you’ve won.
Exactly. The number of 'know nowts' out there is astonishing.

They're all there, on a continuum that starts at the left-hand side with supposed media 'experts' In the press and on the tv/radio and progresses across to the right where you end up with the ordinary herbert in the street. Not one of them can offer the 'evidence' to back up their claims about City, not one can show they actually KNOW what they're talking about.

The conversations on this that I've had with my friends and others who support different teams have all started with me saying something along the lines of:

'Well, I don't know the ins-and-outs of all this and I have limited financial and legal expertise in these things.. but what I DO know from my extensive research I am willing to share with you; from the group of charges cackhandedly laid by PL; to the complete exoneration of City by CAS on the charges UEFA laid; and so on.. but it WILL take a bit of time, so it's up to you whether we do that, or else get another pint in and look at the view..'*

That usually stops them dead in their tracks..

(* I am available for children's and OAP parties, Bar-Mitzvahs and so on.. 'CaptainChortle.com')

For all those stuck in the past convinced we’ll never overtake the Rags with brand value like Simkn Jordan & Gary Neville probably need to be reminded how these household names come from nowhere.

Success isn’t evidence of fraud but often innovation, investment & market changes.

The IBM 5150 was their biggest selling product for IBM or as I like to call it “Joe Jordan” in 1980.

View attachment 85799

Whereas IBM are no longer in the top 10 & the Apple 14 pro max also known as “Erling Haaland” is.

Thanks for that, I can’t believe the amount of dollars involved and the fluctuations of major players, great analogy of our up coming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.