PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Interesting thought

How would you split the English game into periods? Would it be major changes to either governance or laws of the game?

There’s lots to choose from post WW2, my football knowledge prior to that is sketchy to say the least

Pre WW1
Post WW1 - WW2
Post WW2 - 1961 (salary cap abolished in 61)
1961-65 (substitutes allowed from 65 onwards)
1965-81 (3pts for win introduction in 81)
1981-83 (Clubs kept home gate receipts from 83)
1983-92 (Inception of the pass back rule & inception of Premier League)
1992-95 (Bosman ruling was 95)
1995-97 (Abolishment of 3 foreigner rule in 97)
1995-2011 (FFP introduced when we’re loaded in 2011, can’t think why)
2011-2019 (VAR introduced to the detriment of the game in 2019)
2019-…… The City Years :)

Seems like the amount of changes to our game have increased rapidly in more recent times
The City years started with 93:20 for me.

Screenshot_20230719-142716_YouTube.jpg

I'll not post the link that a Rag sent me last night, but has anyone seen this YouTube "Documentary" on City's FFP charges, featuring Tebas, Panja & others?

If anyone's seen it, I'd love to hear your thoughts... )(

Sorry for straying off-topic, but it’s a bit quiet on this one….
It’s a tempting thought to have a reset of football “trophies won” data and records. A bit like where we have History and PreHistory. The game today is nothing like it was 50 years ago muddy pitches, heavy ball etc. When Haaland was breaking records, no way would he catch Dixie Dean when he’s being subbed after 60 minutes. Completely different game now.
“Post-War” maybe. Or dare I say Premier League or even 21st Century.
When you look at all those FA Cups won by The Wanderers or Old Etonians, even Royal Engineers I mean wtf !
Every club has history.
I find it insulting when "followers" of the entitled red shirts most of whom latched on to a successful club at a particular time, claim other clubs have no history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.