PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'd be angry with the club. If we've broken rules then we rightly should be punished.

Can't blame the PL for enforcing their rules, we knew them and should have abided by them. It depends what we're found guilty of and whether the punishment is justified. The PL have thrown everything they can at us, hoping the severe ones stick and if not, getting us with some minor breach here and there. If the punishment is severe despite just minor breaches then I'd be pissed off with the PL.

We know this has come from certain clubs pressurising the PL. They've had to act. But we expect the club to be run appropriately.
Me too, but if it just comes down to "failure to cooperate" ala CAS than that would depend entirely on whether we were being asked to provide information each and every other club in the Prem was being asked to/would be willing to provide. If it's "here are our audited financials -- go fuck yourselves" I'd be on board with that as a reaction post-2018 and especially post-CAS.

I doubt I’m alone in thinking fans of other teams should stay out of this discussion topic. We aren’t interested in your commentary.
Mate I’m a Bradford City fan with a soft spot for you lot ........ should I stay out of it ???? Sorry but this doesn’t just affect you lot it affects the whole game ......... these charges go back 15 years that means they have it in for your owners for that amount of time ........... I simply don’t care if you’ve bent the rules etc etc if you have the money then so be it ......... but in the years since 2008 how many clubs have gone bust while the top authorities in this country have sat back and done Fook all to prevent it happening .......... maybe if they put more effort into protecting clubs that are being run badly ( Macclesfield, Bury and Oldham and that’s off the top of my head ) then maybe these clubs would still be in the league ..........put it this way had the Sheik took over the rags in 2008 then this shit wouldn’t be happening but it’s happening because your club has done something that they hate and that’s kicking them off the top table

Serious question here then. How would you feel about the situation if City are indeed found guilty of the bulk of these charges (there 100 of them, so I'm going to assume some of these will stick) and City are handed an unprecedented punishment, say a massive points deduction? Will your anger and ire be directed at your owners, or at the PL?
All the charges are historic - between 5 to 12 years ago. I also suspect many of the charges will relate to technical breaches which could be seen as trivial. I have little to no respect for FFP and its ilk which is merely a technical device to restrict competition in favour of an established group of successful clubs at that time. When Liverpool can escape sanction by being allowed to write-off £50M against some early designs of an imaginary stadium or owners loans can be cancelled etc it is hard to take these awful twisted regulations seriously. All ire/anger will be directed at the EPL which is unduly influenced by United, Arsenal and others and is at best complicit in their agenda to continually hobble City’s success on and off the field.
There is disappointment though that City are too passive in allowing untruths and allegations about the club to go unchallenged.
To summarise, in 2023 I don’t give a fuck about how Mancini‘s salary was funded 12 years ago.

Mate I’m a Bradford City fan with a soft spot for you lot ........ should I stay out of it ???? Sorry but this doesn’t just affect you lot it affects the whole game ......... these charges go back 15 years that means they have it in for your owners for that amount of time ........... I simply don’t care if you’ve bent the rules etc etc if you have the money then so be it ......... but in the years since 2008 how many clubs have gone bust while the top authorities in this country have sat back and done Fook all to prevent it happening .......... maybe if they put more effort into protecting clubs that are being run badly ( Macclesfield, Bury and Oldham and that’s off the top of my head ) then maybe these clubs would still be in the league ..........put it this way had the Sheik took over the rags in 2008 then this shit wouldn’t be happening but it’s happening because your club has done something that they hate and that’s kicking them off the top table
Good point mate.

Reading between the lines here with a bit of creative license. The PL have requested information off us over the past 4 years covering the period since take over. We’ve been a bit reluctant, in some requests to provide it, perhaps we got bored of thousands of requests or believe we’d already provided sufficient evidence. The PL have decided to charge us as we have failed, in their opinion, to reasonably supply the requested documents rather than the PL having actual evidence to support wrong doing.

The club, for their part, believe we have all the evidence to disprove these allegations.
They have to prove that we’ve broken the rules, not the other way round bud

you're one of the good lads mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.